Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 12-13-2009, 07:02 PM   #15
Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
I agree with REX--rust. Had it happen before.

2010 Phaeton QTH 40'
2013 GMC Sierra Crew Cab pickup 4X4
Recon, D,2/7, 1st Cav '65
Acker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2009, 08:31 PM   #16
Hey, I agree with you guys, the cause probably is rust. The question is, what is the cure or prevention?

JSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Can't you put chocks under the wheels when leaving it parked for extended periods? All airplanes are parked this way-- No parking brakes are used.
Max H,
2002 Newmar Mountain Aire, 37', 3778, W-22, 8.1 Vortac, Ultra Power upgrade, CAI (cold air intake), Taylor wires, colder plugs, Koni shocks.
Max Hubrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:04 PM   #18
I've never done that at home because my drive is absolutely level but that's probably a good plan and I will do that from now on. Thanks.
JSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:19 PM   #19
The air will eventually bleed down allowing the springs to set the parking brake anyway, so I'm not sure how much chocks will help.
2012 Phaeton 36QSH
2007 Wrangler Toad
ernieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:06 PM   #20
Monaco Owners Club
I had a similar problem in Indiana in April. Once the brakes finally released (rock the coach), I took the coach into a service center that checked out the entire air brake system. They mentioned that sometimes in wet conditions over time moisture builds up and rust accumulates. It only happened once and I have never had the problem again. Not quite sure there is anything we can do to prevent it from happening....
Dave & Kathy Cramer (Full Timers) AF CMSgts, Ret
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ
2003 Honda Odyssey, Toad Stop Braking System
chiefdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:17 AM   #21
We have a 2005 Damon Intruder. In 08 going to Texas the park brake came on and we came to a fast stop. The brake drum where the clutches are was smoking and turned blue. Now in 09 we were going on a trip and the same thing happend again. Has anyone else had this problem? They keep fixing it but not the problem.. Dave
DJohns3500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:18 PM   #22
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I too have an '05 Intruder (377W. Gasser) have not had that problem.. I thought I drove with the Parking brake engaged.. however I recently had a chance to test it.. And it held, on a very steep hill. (Took quite a bit of pedal pressure but it held)

So It's still good.

Wsh my car was as good.

(Brakes are.. it's the "GO" part on the car that is sick, Stops great)

Short story.. Replace car's starter, ALMOST made it back to RV, was half way up exit ramp when i stalled and would not restart (Ignition module as it turns out) called nearby auto/truck guy and he said "Sorry, really not my thing and I'm busy with a truck" called another auto guy in area.. Tow truck picked me up.

While waiting for tow truck I noticed a stationary semi on freeway behind me.. Driver walked up to me and I loaned him my phone to call his boss... I also called back to local Truck/Auto guy. New rear end.. I told him he owes me a finder's fee for that one

Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote