Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2005, 08:47 AM   #15

DriVer is this forum not for the expressed purpose of being able to relate our experiences,and opinions to fellow RV'ers so that they may benefit from our mistakes,and bad/good experiences. Should we not be trying to get the best service and quality from manufacturers that we can? Yes I have had bad customer service from manufacturers, every Rv'er has at one time or another What does that mean "you are only a third party"? I was only supporting a fellow RV'er that was being treated poorly isnt that what we should do in a forum called I RV 2? DriVer I cant find a single thing inflamatory about my post.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2005, 07:13 PM   #16
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cboh1:
I didn't either, thanks for backing me up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>We're all trying to back you up. I wrote you a PM in regards to your issue.

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 07:25 PM   #17
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilnJune:
DriVer I cant find a single thing inflammatory about my post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I for one am very tired of the arrogance and rudeness that seems to be a growing problem in this business. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I find it remarkable that you can offer this type of commentary when in the body of your signature you clearly state, "Two years and still no problems"

I am only suggesting that we can best help cboh1 by understanding this case in it's entirety and unless we are privileged to first person information in this case that the need to carry your comments about Workhorse or any other party as arrogance and rudeness is pushing the limits of our Mission Statement.

We can best help cboh1 by understanding the immediate problem and arriving at a solution that will put him back in his motorhome.

Thank you for expressing your comments and concerns ...
Old 04-25-2005, 07:22 AM   #18

DriVer you are picking at straws, I am happy with the Newmar choice , I am not happy with some "Customer Service" individuals and I think I was quite clear on that. We as comsumers must stick together and support each other, after all there is nothing more powerful then the "court of public opinion" when it comes to manufacturers changing their attitudes about providing good service after they get your dollars.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:01 AM   #19
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
PhilnJune, I can agree with your last input on this subject. Had a problem with ingition cable burning up had to be tow to Chev dealer , just before lunch talked to a assistant service manager, head one was out for lunch, said I maybe tied up for a few days, an some mechs made comments, that were not called for in this situation either.
I went back after lunch talked to head service manager got a total different picture, would have a tech on my problem next, tech was very positive, lost one day waiting for part.
Two completely different virsions of the same problem from the same repair shop. ---"007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 03:47 PM   #20

I know that the moderator of this forum is very pro Workhorse. However even though I am a Chev man I would never buy one of their chassis. I do own a Chev P30 and whenever I need parts my workhorse dealer (also a Chev dealer) gives me a choice: pay for overnite shipping or wait up to 2 weeks(I am in Canada). When GM was the chassis mfr and the parts were not local stock it was 2 maybe 3 days at most. And no freight charges. I also find that Workhorse parts are priced about 40 % higher than from GM. Although my comments are a little off the subject the "freight thing" sounded familiar.
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:23 PM   #21
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilnJune:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>That was a good statement, and I believe that we all can agree and support your position.

It's easy to get a point across without the extra descriptors which otherwise pollute a genuine sincere communication.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:12 PM   #22
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cboh1:
Time to call the lawyer it looks like. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Robert, I just had a complete preventative maintenance schedule accomplished on my motorhome today and the AC A917C Air Filter and labor to install the filter cost $49.36.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:38 PM   #23
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Driver was the filter wet or oiled? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I really don't know since I paid the service center to do the job. It would be normal to find a dry filter in the air box.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What shoud I do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm sure that when all the facts of this case are in you will see that both Workhorse and Winnebago will do the right thing. What you should do is keep documenting the repairs being made on your motorhome. I wish you a speedy resolution.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:53 AM   #24

cboh,

You have the correct NAPA part number for the WH air filter. I replaced mine myself and it is just a normal white paper filter (about the size of a book), surrounded on the edges by an orange rubber gasket. There was no oil on my old one and no oil on my new one. Hope this helps.

Best Regards!

2007 Winnebago Journey 39K Freightliner Chassis, Cat C7
Old Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:21 AM   #25

Maybe the new Ford 22000 GVW chassis that is coming out in 2006 will be better. Time will tell.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:32 AM   #26
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
JB Driver Welcome to irv2. Ford always had a good reliable chassis, the new one 06 will have more pulling power, they just could not support, in my case the Newmar coachs they were carrying. ---"007"
Old 04-27-2005, 10:48 AM   #27

I have been reading this topic with some interest. To help set some of the record right I felt I should say something. I have a Workhorse Custom Chassis Service center, and deal with Workhorse on a regular basis.

In order to become an authorized dealer we did not have to purchase tools directly from WCC. In fact the first time I ever had to purchase something even remotely from Workhorse was the hardware to perform the instrument cluster recall. Otherwise, all of our other tools (including the Tech II) came from other sources.

Most of Workhorse's requirnments have to do with the facility. They want a business that has the ability to work on their chassis. This includes lifts, tools, and training. They also have a listing of parts that we (as service centers) are to carry. They also supply us with a list that shows the most commonly sold/replaced items for warranty issues or used for servicing. I use this list to deciede what parts I need to stock. I would much rather have the part on my shelf than have to order it in even if it can be here the next day!

As far as Next Day Air shipping on warranty parts, their policy is that they will not pay. They have several warehouses accross the country that stock their parts (I know of Reno, NV and Chicago, IL). Typically I can get parts from Chicago in one day. If they are telling you a week or more for parts to arrive chances are it is because it is on backorder from the factory (which isn't really Workhorse's fault), and even Next Day Air won't help that problem. In rare cases Workhorse will work with service centers/customers in getting warranty parts to the service center ASAP, rather than regular UPS. I have seen this happen with customers that are travelling, have been towed in and for one reason or another don't want to get stuck in Iowa any longer than they have too!! I have on several occasions had customers stop in and need repairs on their way somewhere else, if I don't have the parts, I will work with them to find a service center at their finial destination, call that service center and have them order the parts so that they are waiting for the customer when they arrive. Granted this only works when the motorhome can still travel.

The best bet in cases when you need parts ASAP to get going again, is to work with the Workhorse Service center and Workhorse customer support to try and expidite the repairs!!

Regarding getting parts from someone in town vs. Workhorse the biggest issue with that is the warranty on a part not sold by Workhorse. For example, if a customer gets his motorhome towed in because of a failed fuel pump. For some reason I don't have one on the shelf. I deceide to put on one from the local NAPA or GM dealer. The customer gets their motorhome running again and is off to finish their trip. Two days later the fuel pump fails again... who is responcible for the warranty repair? Workhorse? not their fuel pump. Napa? they may give you another fuel pump but who will install it? GM? What if the local GM dealer doesn't work on Motorhomes? By using replacement parts from someone other than Workhorse the water becomes very muddy!!!

I know this has been a very long reply, but I wanted to give a "service center's" point of view.

The short version of all of my ranting is that Workhorse gives the service center a lot of "wiggle room" to handle repairs. whether it be getting parts Next Day Air or from a location accross the street if the situation warrants it, it can be done. However, it takes working with Workhorse prior to any action and the action must be reasonable for the situation.

If you feel that the Workhorse service center isn't providing you with the proper service call Workhorse's customer service line and speak with someone there to try and find a reasonable resolution to the problem. That is the nice thing about Workhorse; you, as a customer, can go over my head (the service center) if you feel you aren't getting the service you should be!!!

Anyway, my two cents!!!!

W22 Workhorse Chassis
Erik S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 11:12 AM   #28
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
THANK YOU for your two cents, an it was not long at all. If it satisfies everyone thats another story.
By the way Welcome to irv2 , its good to get insite as to where the action is, if I ever have another tow hopes its to your shop. Looking foward to more of your input. --"007"