Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaraok View Post
This is one of the many reasons that we have a toad.

Barb
Yes, it is no problem if you have your toad, but that isn't always the situation for all RVers. We're trying to get ideas for what to do when we don't have a toad with us.

bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
I also appreciate that this issue was brought up. Not only would it be an issue for our furry children, it would be one as well for any two legged ones we may have. At least now people have the opportunity to plan ahead for this.
Agree. It's definitely something that could come up for a lot of us traveling with our pets.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #31

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Think of how even more popular Coach Net or Good Sams would be with "Custom towing accomodations for those RV'rs with pets" in their advertising!

I think we need to write them letters and request it.......Anybody else?

But seriously, it would be nice to know. I'm going to call Coach Net and ask them what would happen in this situation. Will let you know...
Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #32

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We had a break failure once just as we reached a campground. We called our provider and were told the tow we arrive in about 30 minutes. We then called Enterprise to see if they could bring us a car. The Enterprise driver arrived about 5 minutes before the tow, so we and our furry travelers were safe and well. I know this may not work everywhere, but it is the second time that Enterprise has helped us out when we had troubles with our RV. Actually, my Extended Service Contract paid for the rental.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #33

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by demoon View Post
We had a break failure once just as we reached a campground. We called our provider and were told the tow we arrive in about 30 minutes. We then called Enterprise to see if they could bring us a car. The Enterprise driver arrived about 5 minutes before the tow, so we and our furry travelers were safe and well. I know this may not work everywhere, but it is the second time that Enterprise has helped us out when we had troubles with our RV. Actually, my Extended Service Contract paid for the rental.
Watch Enterprise when it comes to damage on the rental vehicle. Go over that thing closely with a fine tooth comb and document every tiny little scratch or ding, no matter how tiny. This applies to all rental companies but one of the Phoenix area TV consumer advocates recently reported on an incident where a renter's credit card was charged by Enterprise an outrageous amount for a repair for a tiny ding he didn't even see (Enterprise also charged him for lost revenue while the car was in the shop). Also do an inspection with them when you return it and make them sign off that the car was returned in good condition.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:23 AM   #34

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good Sam ERS and CoachNet both have told me they will do something about our 70# dog if we are in trouble and have to leave the RV and go to a hospital or something. It will be at our expense.....but the dog will not be abandoned without water in a hot RV by the road. Nothing in writing just verbal assurances.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #35

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
Good Sam ERS and CoachNet both have told me they will do something about our 70# dog if we are in trouble and have to leave the RV and go to a hospital or something. It will be at our expense.....but the dog will not be abandoned without water in a hot RV by the road. Nothing in writing just verbal assurances.
That is very good to hear.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #36

iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
That is very good to hear.
Not for me. I've been lied to often enough that I would insist on having it in writing.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #37

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFitz... View Post
Not for me. I've been lied to often enough that I would insist on having it in writing.
Wonder if they could put an endorsement on the policy or a rider......