Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2014, 10:48 AM   #267
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottspence View Post
Sorry here is our toy garage
Will you adopt me?

Lori-

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2014, 10:47 PM   #268

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Oh Im sure you would leave once you realized winter arrives end of Sept, -40 is here by christmas, and the snow doesnt leave til now!
I supose you are right. But you do have a nice coach home. Bet you have no issue with finding a house sitter.

Gets -40 where we are from as well. This last winter was one of the worst for bad weather (freezing rain, warm, freezing rain, snow, repeat). We had snow a couple days ago so spring is really procrastinating.

Old 05-09-2014, 04:45 AM   #269

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DegoRed View Post
LOL@George.

Built my MH garage 50x50 and wish I had done 60 deep in lieu of 50 deep. Originally had a 30ft MH and it fit very nicely. Moved up to 41'-6" MH and it barely fits. Hindsight is always 20/20. Would never ever recomend to anyone building a shop to use a door less than 14' high, nor any narrower than 12' wide.
Very nice garage. Hoping to build a 60 by 50 at my home next year. Just cleared an acre or so but have to put in a new road off the main drive for the new garage as well. Who did you have do the build and what company made the garage?
Thanks for the insight.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:42 AM   #270

Fleetwood Owners Club
Rich, Ordered the building from a company out of Georgia who we order a lot of metal buildings from. It works out great this way, order building from a company out of Georgia, pay not sales tax because its out of state, but the building is manufactured and shipped from a company out of Houston, TX 3 hours away.

I am a General Contractor, so just hired all the various subcontractors to do the trades as needed like we would for any other project. If you have any specific questions, feel free to shoot me a PM and Ill be happy to help.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:36 AM   #271

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
I supose you are right. But you do have a nice coach home. Bet you have no issue with finding a house sitter.

Gets -40 where we are from as well. This last winter was one of the worst for bad weather (freezing rain, warm, freezing rain, snow, repeat). We had snow a couple days ago so spring is really procrastinating.
Thanks Gordon, we dont get to travel too much yet, so we make home as enjoyable as possible. I hope your weather improves, I looked at the winterhaven weather and it looks pretty hot. I bought a new boat this winter and cant wait to try it...the ice should be clear off the lake any day now. Take care!
Old 05-10-2014, 08:26 PM   #272

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hoping to build.

This picture is similar to what I am hoping to build. The sooner I get it built the sooner the coach is out of the weather and the driveway!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImgTour_Eric%2022-Motorcoach%20Garage.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	62553  
Old 05-15-2014, 04:34 PM   #273

Entegra Owners Club
all done! Electric, lights, fans, outlets going in now :-)Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1400193251.374343.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	814.9 KB
ID:	62986Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1400193267.140790.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	881.3 KB
ID:	62987
Old 05-26-2014, 10:44 PM   #274

Phase I now I'd the rain will quit...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1401165806433.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	199.5 KB
ID:	63931  
Old 05-27-2014, 08:43 AM   #275

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbear View Post
Phase I now I'd the rain will quit...
you are at a great planing stage, can you tie in a sewer clean out?
Old 05-27-2014, 10:43 AM   #276

Quote:
you are at a great planing stage, can you tie in a sewer clean out?
Not really but I am going to rough in sewer and will eventually tie into septic
Old 05-27-2014, 12:13 PM   #277

American Coach Owners Club
Well, slab poured, posts up, trusses up, most framing up........Then the Texas drought ended...LOL Supposed to continue to rain the rest of the week. Building was supposed to be done last week....Oh well.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:37 PM   #278

If the rain will stop I might get the barn built.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1403667418849.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	66111  
Old 06-26-2014, 03:34 AM   #279

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Priced a Morton yesterday. Because of the cost of a 50x60 I reduced it to a 30x60. With the building cost and the road I need to have installed total is more than I am willing to spend being this close to retiring. Still considering a building but also have other projects that won't get done if I buy the Morton. Very nice building but the cost is just out of my reach for what I want.
Anyone have any other thoughts on open shelters for RVs. Are they worth it or should I bite the bullet and spend the money on a closed building? I may have to get an excavator to do the road and pad for now and put the building in a few years down the road.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:42 AM   #280

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTinVa View Post
Priced a Morton yesterday. Because of the cost of a 50x60 I reduced it to a 30x60. With the building cost and the road I need to have installed total is more than I am willing to spend being this close to retiring. Still considering a building but also have other projects that won't get done if I buy the Morton. Very nice building but the cost is just out of my reach for what I want.
Anyone have any other thoughts on open shelters for RVs. Are they worth it or should I bite the bullet and spend the money on a closed building? I may have to get an excavator to do the road and pad for now and put the building in a few years down the road.
I don't know what your budget is, or the contractors in your area, but I priced out a Morton, another brand of metal-construction, and stick-builts by a couple of builders. All priced higher than what I wanted to spend. Then a light went on, and I called a guy who I knew did custom home-construction, and also owned a boom-truck, which he hired out for setting trusses for other builders.

I told him what I wanted built, and asked him if he was interested. He said; 'yes, I am. I just finished up a pole barn for aguy with a motorhome, and am not starting a new home build for a couple months.'

Turns out he was half the price of the others, to built an all stick-built pole barn 36'x48', which was exactly what I wanted. The workmanship and quality of materials was of the highest caliber, and I couldn't be more pleased.

Call around, and see if you can find a local pole-barn builder that can give you what you want.

Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote