Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2016, 09:51 PM   #659

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTinVa View Post
Looks good. I still have not put the coach inside. I am waiting a month. What depth did you do on your floor? Thanks for posting!

Honestly, I don't remember. I need to find the contract. I was here when they poured it but was working. I believe it was supposed to be 6". They told me it was ok to park on it, which is good cause the garage door guy ran a lift on it for two days. Plenty of black marks from the 4wd lift that I'm not too happy about as I was planning to get the floor "coated".

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2016, 10:55 PM   #660
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Im thinking a good pressure washer should remove the scrubbed off rubber.

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 10:50 AM   #661

Winnebago Owners Club
Concrete should achieve sufficient strength to carry the designed load after 7 days.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:05 AM   #662

My Discovery would love a home like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrv831 View Post
Sims5 can I ask how much it cost to build your garage. I am looking to have a similar building built.

Looks great. I take it that the heat source is propane? Is it a radiant flooring?

Thanks
Old 04-23-2016, 12:14 AM   #663

Quote:
Originally Posted by head gamez View Post
Honestly, I don't remember. I need to find the contract. I was here when they poured it but was working. I believe it was supposed to be 6". They told me it was ok to park on it, which is good cause the garage door guy ran a lift on it for two days. Plenty of black marks from the 4wd lift that I'm not too happy about as I was planning to get the floor "coated".

It's too bad that your new concrete is marred with tire tread marks etc. since you were/are planning on coating it. But, not to worry. If you're still planning on doing the coating, they will take care of all the prep that's needed for a good, guaranteed to stick, application of the epoxy coating. Just a suggestion here, I'd look up whomever you plan on doing the coating and consult with them as to what, if anything, they'd like YOU to do, in prep.

I suspect, they will handle ALL the prep which, would include any removal of any tire marks, oil stains, and more.

When we were about to close on on our new home here in Lake Havasu City AZ, we were about two weeks out and, the decision was made to epoxy coat both the RV an the two car garages. That concrete, like yours, was brand spankin' new. No one had parked or driven on it, after the house was completed.

The company that did the coating still acid washed and ground down any sheen that was present in/on both of those garages. Then, two coats of Sherwin Williams, Epoxy floor color and the speks were applied and then, two "stripes" that were designed and laid out by me, were applied and finally, two coats of clear Epoxy. We couldn't be happier with the results.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw this at ya. I suspect that most companies that do the Epoxy floor coating for a living, know all the tricks to make a good floor turn out well. I was going to do it myself but, I took a chance on having it done. With how it turned out, I WILL NEVER do one. Your choice. Good luck.
Scott

P.S. Don't know if you care or, would like to see them but, just in case, here's the before and after shots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060415.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	124951   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020432.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	124952  

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	124953   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	124954  

FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 06:23 AM   #664

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Concrete should achieve sufficient strength to carry the designed load after 7 days.
I hear you on the 7 days but I have seen so many that say 28 days to cure on a 6 inch pad. I am parking my truck and smaller items in the building but with the cost and advice from the concrete company I am waiting the full 28 days. The cost for me was such that I would rather wait and at least if it cracks I will feel like I did everything I could to avoid issues.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:30 AM   #665

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
It's too bad that your new concrete is marred with tire tread marks etc. since you were/are planning on coating it. But, not to worry. If you're still planning on doing the coating, they will take care of all the prep that's needed for a good, guaranteed to stick, application of the epoxy coating. Just a suggestion here, I'd look up whomever you plan on doing the coating and consult with them as to what, if anything, they'd like YOU to do, in prep.

I suspect, they will handle ALL the prep which, would include any removal of any tire marks, oil stains, and more.

When we were about to close on on our new home here in Lake Havasu City AZ, we were about two weeks out and, the decision was made to epoxy coat both the RV an the two car garages. That concrete, like yours, was brand spankin' new. No one had parked or driven on it, after the house was completed.

The company that did the coating still acid washed and ground down any sheen that was present in/on both of those garages. Then, two coats of Sherwin Williams, Epoxy floor color and the speks were applied and then, two "stripes" that were designed and laid out by me, were applied and finally, two coats of clear Epoxy. We couldn't be happier with the results.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw this at ya. I suspect that most companies that do the Epoxy floor coating for a living, know all the tricks to make a good floor turn out well. I was going to do it myself but, I took a chance on having it done. With how it turned out, I WILL NEVER do one. Your choice. Good luck.

Scott

P.S. Don't know if you care or, would like to see them but, just in case, here's the before and after shots.

I've seen your pictures before, and love it. A friend of mine (in the floor coating and painting business) is doing it for me. I don't remember exactly what product he said he was going to use, but I have seen some that he has done and they look great and are holding up well. It will be the end of the summer before we get to it though.

He will remove the tire marks when the time comes, but I was just hoping to minimize the Prep work.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:33 AM   #666

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Most concrete cylinder breaks well exceed their 28 day design strength after 7 days. I just received the lab reports for 7 day breaks on some 3000 PSI concrete used for drainage structures. The lowest was 4200 PSI.
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:31 AM   #667

Winnebago Owners Club
A lot will depend upon who provides the concrete and the amount of cement they put in the concrete plus any additives. There may be some companies that shade the amount of cement to just make the 28 day strength. The good companies add a bit extra so the 7 day strength is at or better than the 28 day strength.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:16 PM   #668

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
Free, WOW!!! I just had power brought to my shop and house in September and it cost over $32,000 for the roughly quarter mile, under ground to the shop - not including running the power to the house. We lived off grid for 15 years and having the power is very nice and never had a power problem. Storms yesterday and we lost power but that's progress, no?
Just to add a little more information. In my area the power company will not run above ground power even though we are very rural. To much chance of trees damaging the lines I guess. They require a 2 inch conduit about 30 inches under ground so a lot of the cost was the contractor trenching and laying conduit. The power company does not allow machine buried wiring. Because of a couple of bends in the routing of the line I had to have three underground boxes to allow wire to be pulled. These boxes were around $1400-1500. From the shop to the house I did myself which was not much of a job, probably 50 feet or so. Highest electric bill I have received was under $40 - would have saved money in the long run if I had (didn't had the $$) the power brought in when I bought the property.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 03:13 PM   #669

Monaco Owners Club
Finally the Beaver Barn is up!

Here are a few pics of our new barn. Its 40x60 with a 60 ft wrap around porch.The Rv door is 14 x 14 and we will put a small apartment in one side as well as a loft area that will wrap around the rear of the enclosure.

The plumbing is in and I am getting quotes on the concrete work. It is going to require a lot of fill yet and I am getting different opinions on using reinforcement wire vs. fiber and the one quote I have was a shock so far.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3655.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	326.3 KB
ID:	125026   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6669.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	339.0 KB
ID:	125027  

Name:	IMG_1866.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	458.7 KB
ID:	125028   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1897 2.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	392.5 KB
ID:	125029  

2009 Beaver Contessa
2015 Ford Edge SEL
Dakrism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:28 PM   #670

Dakrism. You have a very good looking building!
Old 04-23-2016, 09:30 PM   #671

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sims5 View Post
Dakrism. You have a very good looking building!
Thanks sims5---Now I hope I can get it looking as good on the inside as it does outside.
Lots of work to be done yet and many questions. Trying to be proactive and try not to overlook anything that should be done while we are completing the build.

do you remember how your concrete was done? Is it a 6 in pour and did you reinforce with any steel?

2009 Beaver Contessa
2015 Ford Edge SEL
Dakrism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 10:14 PM   #672
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good looking building and a good choice with the windows. I got both the wire rod and fibers when mine was poured.

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote