Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2016, 05:18 PM   #645

Yes the aerial pic was taken with my drone.

Thanks for the compliments. I really like my epoxy coated floor.
sims5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2016, 04:38 AM   #646

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by head gamez View Post
I love mowing mine too. Only 2.5 acres, but good quiet time for sure!

I mow with a Bobcat.
RTinVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 04:41 AM   #647

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
The 900 pound (literally) garage door is up. The crew will be back Monday to install the opener, as will the county for the final inspection. After that, it is up to the power company to supply the electrons and me to do the landscaping.

Attachment 124171

Attachment 124172

Attachment 124173
Great looking building. You will be glad once your moving in. That is one heavy door! Thanks for posting the pics.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:39 AM   #648

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Since we are having a meter installed and it will be a separate monthly charge for the barn, no. They are doing the underground work for free. Of course the minimum monthly payment of $19/ month ensures they get paid for it! I would have rather had it from the house or existing garage, but the panel in the existing garage is tied to the house and the wire feeding it is not big enough. To get it from the house to the barn would have been a major project with all of the obstacles in the way.
Free, WOW!!! I just had power brought to my shop and house in September and it cost over $32,000 for the roughly quarter mile, under ground to the shop - not including running the power to the house. We lived off grid for 15 years and having the power is very nice and never had a power problem. Storms yesterday and we lost power but that's progress, no?
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 02:35 PM   #649

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
Free, WOW!!! I just had power brought to my shop and house in September and it cost over $32,000 for the roughly quarter mile, under ground to the shop - not including running the power to the house. We lived off grid for 15 years and having the power is very nice and never had a power problem. Storms yesterday and we lost power but that's progress, no?

Wow. I would have to leave mine dark if Duke charged me that!
head gamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 06:50 PM   #650

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
I wonder why the huge differences?? $32k for one, $0 for another. And when I had power run underground apx 1/4 mile last year to a new RV site Central Alabama Electric Co-op charged me just over $4k for one pole plus laying the underground lines, transformer, and meter for 100a service. It cost just under another thousand to have the meter base, power boxes & all installed. Running the water line that 1/4 mile came to just over $3.6k. It cost me close to $10 grand to get water and power to the site.
AFChap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:55 PM   #651

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFChap View Post
I wonder why the huge differences?? $32k for one, $0 for another. And when I had power run underground apx 1/4 mile last year to a new RV site Central Alabama Electric Co-op charged me just over $4k for one pole plus laying the underground lines, transformer, and meter for 100a service. It cost just under another thousand to have the meter base, power boxes & all installed. Running the water line that 1/4 mile came to just over $3.6k. It cost me close to $10 grand to get water and power to the site.

I don't understand it. To be honest, I was scared when I called Duke power to come take a look. I was surprised when they gave me the news.

I will be running the water line myself. No charge there, except for the tractor fuel and materials.
Old 04-17-2016, 12:13 PM   #652

Winnebago Owners Club
In our area if it is a new installation it is part of the install by the power company. If it is an extension of an existing service it will cost you.

With an extension you only pay for power used. With a new installation you get another meter and have to pay the base fee plus any power used.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:04 PM   #653

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sims5 View Post
Here is ours. 60'x96' with heated floor and full RV hookup. I don't think I have shared it here before. It serves two purposes our business and Motorhome storage.

Sims5 can I ask how much it cost to build your garage. I am looking to have a similar building built.

Looks great. I take it that the heat source is propane? Is it a radiant flooring?

Thanks
rdrv831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:33 PM   #654

rdrv831. Pm sent.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:37 PM   #655

Today was a good day!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1461198968.275114.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	124759

We still don't have power, but the pool is close enough to plug the RV into. Duke should be out within the next three weeks to connect it to the grid.

Feels good to have it under a roof!

Now the landscaping begins.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:11 PM   #656

Quote:
Originally Posted by sims5 View Post
Here is ours. 60'x96' with heated floor and full RV hookup. I don't think I have shared it here before. It serves two purposes our business and Motorhome storage.
How wide are the doors, 16' or 18'?
Old 04-21-2016, 06:51 AM   #657

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Today was a good day!

Attachment 124759

We still don't have power, but the pool is close enough to plug the RV into. Duke should be out within the next three weeks to connect it to the grid.

Feels good to have it under a roof!

Now the landscaping begins.
Looks good. I still have not put the coach inside. I am waiting a month. What depth did you do on your floor? Thanks for posting!
Old 04-21-2016, 07:03 AM   #658

Pictures of MH garages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
How wide are the doors, 16' or 18'?

My doors are 14' high X 16' wide