Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2017, 04:31 AM   #757

Im looking to do a RV/Car Port style so it can be moved in the spring. I have no interest to build a 15K garage for 6 months and leave behind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Radios View Post
Ordered my garage in October and they put it up in December (upstate NY). They would not pour the floor until spring so it spent the winter with a gravel floor and a six inch gap around the bottom.

If they need to pour cement to erect yours then it will most likely have to wait till spring.
kb2ztx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2017, 09:25 AM   #758

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb2ztx View Post
Im looking to do a RV/Car Port style so it can be moved in the spring. I have no interest to build a 15K garage for 6 months and leave behind...
We also needed something non-permanent as we didn't want to get a zoning variance for setbacks. We elected to use a tent from Shelter Logic. Here is a search of this thread for my posts, the first has a picture.

Updates to a couple of the questions, after the first year we have not removed the snow, we've let it melt off. This includes 2104 we received about 3' of snow in one week and 2' in one storm. The tent heats up in the day and melts the snow off. It's now been up six years, slightly faded but otherwise in great shape.

We'd definitely get 4' longer and 3' wider if we were to do it again, that way we'd have room for more stuff and to put both the slides out.

There is another brand we also would consider, Rhino shelters. We saw them at the FMCA rally last year in West Springfield and were impressed with their quality.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:57 AM   #759

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb2ztx View Post

Did you find your Rv/carport of choice? I couldn't follow your post for lack of skill. I too am looking for a simple temporary carport for my 26' Class C.
EdD
1998 Safari 2620 Class C
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:59 PM   #760

RV garage picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby Mike View Post
OK, my RV garage is finally finished, and the tenant has moved in ...
Hello, my name is Frank and I am interested in the design of your cottage style RV garage. I am wondering if you would be interested in sending me your design plans for this garage. I am dealing with an architectural review committee regarding building an RV garage. I showed them your picture and the main ARC member stated that as long as I met the same style, design, and colors, then they would approve. He did like the style. Our land is in a gated community in North Carolina, near topsail beach. I have a new 2017 entegra aspire motorhome. It is 45 feet in length, so you can imagine that I am super particular where I park it.

If you would like to contact me please feel free to do so. My email is: franksrv42e@gmail.com and my number is 301-520-9988.

Thanks for your time
Frank
Franksrv44b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:22 AM   #761

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franksrv44b View Post
Hello, my name is Frank and I am interested in the design of your cottage style RV garage. I am wondering if you would be interested in sending me your design plans for this garage. I am dealing with an architectural review committee regarding building an RV garage. I showed them your picture and the main ARC member stated that as long as I met the same style, design, and colors, then they would approve. He did like the style. Our land is in a gated community in North Carolina, near topsail beach. I have a new 2017 entegra aspire motorhome. It is 45 feet in length, so you can imagine that I am super particular where I park it.

If you would like to contact me please feel free to do so. My email is: franksrv42e@gmail.com and my number is 301-520-9988.

Thanks for your time
Frank
Hi Frank -
Sorry, I just saw this, as I'm on the road. I'm afraid I have no plans to share -- never saw any. When our house was being built, I asked the builder for a quote on an RV garage, but they weren't interested at the time. (They've learned their lesson; they build them now, if you do it at the same time as the house.) The supervisor on our job, though, said he would do it as "side work" on weekends, and use the same materials and subcontractors as the house, so it would match. I just gave him dimensions (60' x 18', with a 12'W x 14'H door), and he went from there. I was limited by HOA covenants to 1/3 the size of my house, or I would have gone wider. The door is just wide enough, and the garage is just wide enough to open slides and bay doors. I wish I had more room for other stuff though!

I think the final cost, with insulation, drywall, and lighting inside and out (and a 50-amp hookup) was around $50k.
Crabby Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 05:31 PM   #762

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRGuy View Post
We have finally started construction of my RV Garage. 40' x 55'. The block walls are going up now. The RV door is 14' x 14'.

I am getting estimates for the doors. They have to meet Florida hurricane loads so will be quite expensive. The best estimate I have gotten so far is fort HAAS Inc brand doors. I have not heard of this company or brand before. I was wondering if any of you other garage builders have experience with or heard of the brands. Attachment 159248
Once upon a time you could add braces behind the door to help the door withstand the high winds then remove them after the storm was over. The braces went from to to bottom at least two places across the door and were basically the size of a 2x4 but made of steel. Braces for a 14' door would have to be different but the principle is the same.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:11 PM   #763

Here is another garage to consider

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2316.JPG
Views:	425
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	176140
Breezy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 01:12 PM   #764

One moreClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3932.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	277.8 KB
ID:	176142
Breezy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:58 AM   #765

This is my rv garage. The top clearance is so close and driveway angle so steep require me to go in forward so my rear ac unit won't hit the door/jam.
Muleroper
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0303.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	176242  
Old 09-11-2017, 12:25 PM   #766

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy2006 View Post
Here is another garage to consider

Attachment 176140

Very nice!!
Old 12-17-2017, 07:48 AM   #767

Concrete Foundation Form Boards Set!

Good Morning! Form boards set, just need some sunshine so can pour concrete! We had a several good weeks of no rain, yet now the forecast is not looking very good for the next 10 days and my metal building delivery date is January 10th - getting a little concerned, but surely it will be ok.

If anyone uses their RV generator to provide (limited) emergency power back to their residence and would share how it was done, I would be most appreciative if you would share it here... THANK YOU! Jeff...

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/elect...ng-371585.html

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3548.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	561.9 KB
ID:	185938   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3549.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	443.8 KB
ID:	185939  

Name:	IMG_3550.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	433.9 KB
ID:	185940  
jd956jd956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 02:46 PM   #768

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Pictures of MH garages

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillDS View Post
Wow! Lots of nice RV homes!

Here is ours. Notice she's sitting outside....waiting patiently on the overhead door people to arrive this week....because the door opening is 3" too low!

It wasn't a surprise...thank goodness...we knew it when we brought her home. Even after considering the cost to raise the opening 9 inches, we couldn't pass up the deal.

She'll be snug as a bug in a rug next week.

The MH in the pic doesn't match your signature. I only looked because I was wondering where the entry door was on the MH in the picture.
I know it's an old post and I may not get a reply but someone else might know.
Old 12-17-2017, 05:22 PM   #769

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd956jd956 View Post
Good Morning! Form boards set, just need some sunshine so can pour concrete!
While sunshine might be preferred, concrete can be poured & cure under water! ...we poured many a concrete bottom in a water-filled stock tank back on the farm. It does however make it a bit more difficult to smooth the surface...
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 03:12 PM   #770

RV Trip Wizard
Here's ours. Mostly for hail protection where we live. Walls don't come all the way to the ground so we aren't paying property taxes on a 'second building'.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Harvey House.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	186971  
panthercity is offline   Reply With Quote