Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2013, 01:54 AM   #57

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickBrennan View Post
Use a debit card. That price is the same as cash. Don't we all carry one of those?
Yes I have one however I had more than a few places tell me debit card price is the same as credit card price.
I told them they get no sale from me.

And I also find that PFJ doesn't have the best prices in most locations.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #58
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
It is what it is!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:54 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveLevin View Post
I use the RV Plus card for fueling and never have issues.
Same here, I've used it 5 times so far this year without any issues.....five cents off the cash price listed even when using my visa card.
MoparHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:44 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparHauler View Post
Same here, I've used it 5 times so far this year without any issues.....five cents off the cash price listed even when using my visa card.
I have the RV Plus card that operates like a credit card but must be paid in full on receipt of the statement. Sounds great but I have yet to use it in the year and a half I have had it because the price with the discount is always more then the others without a discount. They can afford to offer a discount at their prices.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:09 AM   #61

Freightliner Owners Club
We have the CC (but pre-loaded) over the 1800 miles, we used it when we saw one. Received the discount, even on the propane. We do not chase lower prices, nor travel 5 to 10 miles off route just for lower fuel prices. We have a fuel budget and try to keep to it. And yes, sometimes we have seen a lower price, but not by much. And yes some places will give you a discount using a debit card, same as cash.
gatorcq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #62
doc

Appalachian Campers
I was disappointed when FJ was purchased. Since then the prices have gone up and their services have gone down as well as the facilities. It seems that the RVers are no longer treated 'special' like we once were. This has lead me to look elsewhere, but doing the long trip thing, it is hard to find a truck stop with pumps you can use without having to make a couple of trips inside dealing with a clerk is confused because I don't have a truck number.
When traveling in the SE lately, I have discovered that Quik Trip has built a number of easy access stores along interstate 85 that treat RVers as customers rather than a hindrance. In particular there is a QT just inside SC (northbound) at exit 21 that caters to RVs. Separate fuel island and a huge parking lot. We stop there whether we are heading north or south. Best thing is they have the best diesel prices anywhere that a big rig with a towed can access - and no clerks that try to give you a truck number
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:31 AM   #63

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Pilot/Flying J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow520 View Post
3%-5% cash-back credit cards are a better deal and can be used on top of any loyalty card (PFJ, Speedway, etc) discounts. 6c per gallon is only 1.5% off on $4/gal gasoline and 2% on $3/gal gas. And you don't have to be a lifetime member of Good Sam to get a 3%-5% cash back credit card.
You are correct, but your credit card will not turn the diesel pumps on when you are in the truck lanes. Bottom line, it depends on what is an advantage to you as a customer. I also agree that there are exceptions to most rules.
Heber Eason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 01:06 PM   #64

It's interesting how our experiences differ.
I use the truck lanes, since it is usually impossible to pull in/out of the RV lane with a 40' DP, pulling a car.
I put in my PenFed credit card (5% cash credit to my cc account), followed by my GS card. RARELY do I have to go inside. The pumps fill without a hiccup. No need to reinsert the card multiple times.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:58 PM   #65

Winnebago Owners Club
Any time you are dealing with a Bank and an Oil Company you have to know they are in your pocket regardless of any bonuses, cash backs or other incentives.

Oil companies raise their prices to account for the fees they pay the banks, banks raise their interest rates to pay for the incentives.
Old 12-24-2014, 02:08 PM   #66

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We use a Flying J/Pilot RV Plus card through Good Sam, we use the truck pump isle, swipe card and enter control number, pump and done. Efficient, never go inside, gives us 9-cent discount at the pump for diesel and/or 7-cents for toad (gasoline). Never had any issue, always been a good experience. Safe travels to all, and Merry Christmas!

Chris & Deb - North Venice, FL - 2014 Itasca Ellipse 42QD - Toad: 2014 Jeep Rubicon
ChrisKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 02:27 PM   #67

Entegra Owners Club
Chris, how does an RVer get a control number? I've been using FJ for 12 years and never had one.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 02:48 PM   #68

We just returned from 2 months and 5,000 miles to California/Oregon/Washington etc. We use a Flying J/Pilot RV Plus card through Good Sam, we use the truck pump isle, swipe card and enter control number, pump and done. Efficient, fast, easy and never had a problem. Well one when the computers were not working. However, the discount on the diesel fuel is the least of the issue! The most important are the ease of use, ease of access, and direct billing so I do not need to worry about it. We always check the receipt and pricing and have never had a problem. Here in central US the prices have been the same as surrounding stations BEFORE the FJ discount on either gas or diesel. Love it, it works great and I hope nothing changes.
gbburgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 04:37 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbburgess View Post
We just returned from 2 months and 5,000 miles to California/Oregon/Washington etc. We use a Flying J/Pilot RV Plus card through Good Sam, we use the truck pump isle, swipe card and enter control number, pump and done. Efficient, fast, easy and never had a problem. Well one when the computers were not working. However, the discount on the diesel fuel is the least of the issue! The most important are the ease of use, ease of access, and direct billing so I do not need to worry about it. We always check the receipt and pricing and have never had a problem. Here in central US the prices have been the same as surrounding stations BEFORE the FJ discount on either gas or diesel. Love it, it works great and I hope nothing changes.

Good post! X2.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 04:46 PM   #70

Newmar Owners Club
Hi MRUSA14,
Go to Pilot RV Plus - Program Details
This site will tell you all about the discount with PFJ and Good Sam. There are choices. Decide what is best for you. I have the 8 cents on diesel and 6 cents on gas program. Been using the program since it was available. Everything has always worked as advertised.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote