Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2015, 03:53 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
As a couple others have said, I have had one of the cheap ones for two years now. I use it mostly for the black tank back flush, but occasionally for hosing off or washing something, and I haven't had a problem yet. I don't leave it under pressure for lengthy periods in the hot sun. Maybe that's why it is still entact .

2016 Allegro Bus 40AP
nctox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2015, 04:04 PM   #16

I bought two...both burst two days apart. Brought them back to Home Depot. They said virtually everyone is bringing them back. The young lady told me to grab two of the "new and improved" pocket hoses with the brass fittings. She said they're flying off the shelves as a replacement. 3 weeks later when they both burst...nearly killing my Chihuahua, I sought out the same young lady. She remembered me as well as all the others she'd been steering to the "new and improved" hoses. She apologized saying even they were coming back.

22 years Navy...Retired. 20 years Law Enforcement...retired. Navy showed me Viet Nam and police work showed me society's worst. Hopefully this 2015 Winnebago View 24m will show me a level of relaxation I've only dreamed of.
Donut lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:07 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut lover View Post
I bought two...both burst two days apart. Brought them back to Home Depot. They said virtually everyone is bringing them back. The young lady told me to grab two of the "new and improved" pocket hoses with the brass fittings. She said they're flying off the shelves as a replacement. 3 weeks later when they both burst...nearly killing my Chihuahua, I sought out the same young lady. She remembered me as well as all the others she'd been steering to the "new and improved" hoses. She apologized saying even they were coming back.
I bought a 25' one at Target, used it occasionally for a few months and liked it. I bought a second longer, new and improved one, made by the same company at Home Depot. The newer one burst after using it a few times, followed shortly thereafter by the first one bursting.
Mich F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 05:15 PM   #18

See a common theme here? Save your money and don't buy one. Failure is a when question, not an if question.
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 05:23 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well...I had bought mine for the coach a couple of months ago, but used it for the first time when it burst. So I no longer had the receipt.
I took it back to exchange, and thought that for the future, I would always use the pressure regulator with it.
While getting the replacement, I noticed the "New & Improved" version....$10 more.
So I sunk another ten bucks and got the improved one (brass fittings). The picture on the box shows a "ribbed" inner tube (is that for her pleasure).

This really was nice for washing the roof. AND I am keeping the receipt this time, just in case.

Time will tell...

What is a DAP hose that a couple of folks have mentioned??

Dan (the OP)
Old 03-04-2015, 05:37 PM   #20
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
"Dap" is the manufacturer, a very well-respected name! They're more expensive, I think I paid $39.95 for mine at Bed Bath & Beyond, but hopefully worth the money!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 05:51 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
I've had both the cheap one and the Dap black one. All burst. Went back to those coil hoses that look like the coiled air hoses. So far so good.
wanderso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:11 PM   #22
UAV

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I bought my first two about a year ago. Very handy I must say.

The first one I bought sprung little holes throughout the length of the hose...called Pocket Hose and they sent me a new one without question.

The second one I use regularly at my office and it has been great.

Bought a third on mega-sale for $9 and will be using it for simple things around the RV but will definitely be using it through the pressure regulator I have.

Great concept and light weight. Hope they last and/or come up with a version that really can put up with whatever abuse I dish out.

Overall, pretty happy with them.
UAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:40 AM   #23
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
After reading this thread, I think I will start connecting the hose on the output side of the pressure regulator!

Old 03-05-2015, 09:43 AM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Had the el cheapo for two years without any kinks or blow outs
CoreyinWP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:38 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpinvidic View Post
.....it burst. The inside tubing just split.
Has anyone else experienced this??

Only a few thousand folks; or maybe a few tens of thousands. But people keep buying them!

ref: H.L. Mencken
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:40 PM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
update on the premium pocket hose

First, I can't fault my first hose for rupturing, I just put a pressure gauge on my hose bib and it was 90 lbs. The new pocket hose which has brass fittings states 85 psi max.
I connected the new one using a Camco pressure regulator (40psi) and let the hose sit for 30 min. Under pressure without any problems. Even though this is a $30 hose, I think it is a winner when washing the rv roof.

just be sure to use a regulator.

Regards,
Dan
Old 03-10-2015, 12:03 PM   #27
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpinvidic View Post
First, I can't fault my first hose for rupturing, I just put a pressure gauge on my hose bib and it was 90 lbs. The new pocket hose which has brass fittings states 85 psi max.
I connected the new one using a Camco pressure regulator (40psi) and let the hose sit for 30 min. Under pressure without any problems. Even though this is a $30 hose, I think it is a winner when washing the rv roof.

just be sure to use a regulator.

Regards,
Dan
I agree Dan! I think this is the reason so many people are having trouble with these hoses bursting! I too was making that mistake, but not any more! I will have it behind the pressure regulator from now on!

Old 03-10-2015, 12:12 PM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I agree Dan! I think this is the reason so many people are having trouble with these hoses bursting! I too was making that mistake, but not any more! I will have it behind the pressure regulator from now on!
Yes...the real reason I want this hose is to wash the roof. I hate the thought of having a hard rubber hose dragging across the edge of the RV as I wash the roof. I use a Camco brush on the end of a water wand.
Very similar to mopping a floor. I also use some baby detergent & vineger in a spray bottle to spray around the roof.

My thought is if the roof is clean, then when there is water on the roof from overnight, it is soft water and less likely to cause major spotting when it runs off if it is clean. I am also trying some home made gutter extensions to see how they work.

I hate spending hours cleaning up the RV, and then the next morning coming to a stop sign and having all the roof water running down

Regards,
Dan