Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Power gear Leveling System

Our control unit when out on the Power gear leveling system. I have a older unit 2005 that starts with 500. I have been quoted over $700 for the power unit alone. I have been trying to find out if I change the controller and the touch pad to a newer model will my pump work? I know I would need to change the connector on my wiring harness for the control box to the touch pad. All the other connector match up. I think the only thing that needs to match is the control box and the touch pad.
thanks
Mark
Mark1505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2013, 03:03 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
You should start at the pump to be sure there is not a problem with the solenoids or motor first. Then, if they function properly with 12 vdc applied you could have a control problem that might be repaired as you think with replacement of the controller and touch pad.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I built my own controller, Send me a PM for information if you wish. it is 100% manual and slightly more flexible than the one that came with the RV. I like it better, It does, however, lack one feature the original had.. But I added 2 more to make up for it.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #4

Power Gear touch Pad and Control Board

My control board went out and I paid the 700 dollars for a new one. It is a new touch pad and control board in one unit. they give you new cables and you have to make a one wire change at your pump solonoid. I just got my new setup and have not had time to put it in yet, to much company this summer. Search for Power Gear new control board instructions and you should find the directions how it is installed and the diagrams for it.
You may have already taken care of this.
airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #5

I read in a recent post of yours that you made a controller yourself to replace a broken one. I have a Power Gear Leveler control board 500210 that has stopped working. I have determined that the motor and the levelers still work (crossing wires, etc). I had seen that someone else had also made a simple board with 5 or so switches but I haven't been able to get a schematic. Could you tell me how you made yours and possibly send a diagram? Thanks, Rick
bogusboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #6

Power Gear Control

bogusboy

Thank you for your email about my control board. However I am not the one that built my own control board. There is another post on here that did build one and offers to help anyone.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:47 AM   #7

Hi...I have a 97 Discovery by Fleetwood pusher. It has the power gear 500210. I bought it used knowing that the touch pad was bad. It seems that everything works with the exception of the "Retract All". I can hear the motor come on if I try manually lowering jacks (all three individually as It's a manual touch pad". I've only done it for a second as I don't want the jacks coming down being unable to retract them. At one point I had alarms that the jacks were down. They were a hair down, but not all the way. I was able to get the alarm to silence by playing with the neutral button and the air brake parking brake. That worked once to silence things but the next stop I made the alarm came back and I couldn't silence it so I disengaged the plugs from the touch pad (again the jacks are mostly in the up/stored position).

While looking at the touch pad once I had it unplugged. I noticed I could feel feedback from pushing all the buttons except for the same "retract all" button. This button appears to be worn out and not functioning. So anyway....

...I'm considering attempting to install just one manual switch to manually retract all jacks. I suspect if should be simple enough. Any thoughts? I hate to spend over $500 and hours of running new wiring harnesses, etc for a 20 year old coach.

Much obliged, Pete
Pete G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:44 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hello and We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy our website and forums. Good luck, stay safe and keep us posted.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:18 AM   #9

I have a 2001 Bounder, I did get the new touch pad which was 700 bucks. It was an easy fix as mine was not working at all. I have a wiring diagram they included with the kit. for the new pad it shows you have to make a 1 wire change, you do not want to do that. But it shows the wiring for the dump valve which is the problem you are having. I hope this will help you in some way. link below

file:///C:/Users/bdavi/Documents/power%20gear%20control%20board.pdf

Tags
power