Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-23-2011, 07:32 AM   #1
Power Gear won't talk to you.....

Hey everybody. I was quite dissappointed that Power Gear won't talk to you when you call them. On recording they refer you to your dealer and hang up on you. I called my dealer regarding my issue and they don't know much about it. Said they just need to look at it...figures. I'm trying to save money, not bleed it. I have a 96 American Eagle 40' DP. My power gear jacks work fine....only when the touch pad works. That's been only twice in the last 6 months. I need to fix these now. My touch pad for a long time wouldn't turn on. I trouble shot the issue with the manual and found sometimes the jumping of two wires made it work and sometimes not. For a while the jacks down lights lit up anytime I turned on my coach but would go off if I pushed the power button and stayed off until I released that button (of course the power button won't light up or work when I did that). Now I'm back to no power on the touch pad. I guess my biggest question after a long time of messing with it is.....I have 12V+ going into the control box but only 8.7V coming out of it and going to the touch pad. Is this normal? May help me figure which part is bad.....of course my dealer has no idea. Thanks!

timjame0719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
It seems odd Power Gear won't help customers over the phone because they have a lot of repair manuals and parts lists on their website. That would seem to mean they are customer oriented and willing to help DIYers.

I don't know about levelers, but the info they have available on their website for side room mechanisms has been very helpful to me. Have you looked online for a repair manual for your levelers?

2015 DRV Tradition 375KPS
2015 Chevy Duramax 3500HD LTZ Dually
Full-timers...Home is where we park it.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:16 PM   #3
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
They do not have the manual for my Jacks and though I sent them a E-mail last week I have still to hear from them.. Will try alternate means.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #4
Fleetwood Owners Club
I sent Power-Gear an e-mail concening an issue with hydraulic jacks and they replied quickly with a repsonse.

The main control panel was flashing like a Chistmas tree when turning right corners. I was just low enough on tranny fluid in the container and it was cold out. With warmer climate, the fluld level was okay., but when it got cold, the problem happened.

It's a known issue and the solution was to add a 1/4 cup of transmission fluid (I think I used Dexron III) to the jack reservoir.

That was it
Fleetwood Providence 2008 40e
Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel 6.0L 2006
Honda CR-V 2006
Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #5
Well, I'm going to start with attempting to figure out how many volts should come out of the control box. That would be a good start as I have been through the trouble shooting and nothing is consistant with it. I think it's absolutely great that if the control box or touch pad has failed, you have to replace both as they have discontinued my system. Why not have to pay almost a grand for the whole system when if it's the touch pad I can get the new one for $300???
timjame0719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:30 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
An RV salvage yard may be able to supply any components you need.

Many component vendors have cut out direct end user support service to save labor costs. Another sign of the hard economic times.
Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:26 PM   #7
Fleetwood Owners Club
Some of the older pads if they timed out from being on.
You have to push the ON/OFF button twice to get them to turn back on.

Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote