Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #1

power washer

Does anybody use a power washer to wash there MH? I got one and had to take it back to the store after one use. What are some good Electric pressure washers out there. Any help out there
kenscomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #2

Never heard of a good electric one.

But electric may be best for MH...

Pressure washer would put water where it is not to be, unless you are very well skilled stick with brushes, bucket and hose
Old 03-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenscomet View Post
Does anybody use a power washer to wash there MH? I got one and had to take it back to the store after one use. What are some good Electric pressure washers out there. Any help out there
Have a good pressure washer but never use it on my MH.
Libero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Been using the electric powerwasher for over 9 years now, hasnt failed me yet. Gets used on the MH, car , truck and boat and garage floor. Just about anything that needs washing
Its a powerwasher model H2010, got it at Home Depot.
www.hdpowerwasher.com
az bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #5

Location: Lake OZ,MO summer-RiverBend Motorcoach Resort,FL winter
I carry a small electric Karcher (non wheel type, small and compact) unit w/50' hose and connect to a Spotless deionizer. Works great dries spotless even in the sun. Use also a 13hp power washer when at home.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #6

Hey Justaroamer Interesting where do you get a spotless ionizer, never heard of it, as they say learn something new everyday. Thanks
Rolly Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Papaw.1

I have had a electric power washer for 5or6yrs and have used it a lot but, you do need to be careful around the windows.I purchased it from Home Depot it was about 200.00 I think it is also 1750psi. Good Luck.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #8

Nothing beats soap and water I found even pressure washer car washes leave a dirt residue. I have a pressure washer but only use it on the driveway and around the pool.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
Nothing beats soap and water I found even pressure washer car washes leave a dirt residue. I have a pressure washer but only use it on the driveway and around the pool.
My experience also. I've also found that a 2500 psi pressure washer makes a very good decal remover. I now only use the pressure washer on the roof.

Fred
Old 03-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #10

Location: Lake OZ,MO summer-RiverBend Motorcoach Resort,FL winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolly Zimmer View Post
Hey Justaroamer Interesting where do you get a spotless ionizer, never heard of it, as they say learn something new everyday. Thanks
I got my Spotless "de-ionizer" from Costco, but available also at autogeek.net as well as many others including Amazon.
For more info go to CRSpotless Water Systems
Great product and it works and the life of the resin that must be replaced after approx. 300 gal. of water is dependent on the water source that is going through it. I use it both at home and in the motorhome through softened water and seems to extend the life of the resin. It is better than softened water alone.
Spotless is also an advertiser here on iRV2 and when they have a great product I love to support advertisers here.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaroamer View Post
I got my Spotless "de-ionizer" from Costco, but available also at autogeek.net as well as many others including Amazon.
For more info go to CRSpotless Water Systems
Great product and it works and the life of the resin that must be replaced after approx. 300 gal. of water is dependent on the water source that is going through it. I use it both at home and in the motorhome through softened water and seems to extend the life of the resin. It is better than softened water alone.
Spotless is also an advertiser here on iRV2 and when they have a great product I love to support advertisers here.
Ouch......$350 ............do you wash then hurry and attach the spotless water systen to rinse?........way enterested as I have a black MH
leadfoot3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #12

Here is my observation and question. I have pressure washed a motorhome but as said it leaves a film. Now up here in Maine with the snow and salt that leaves grit all over my brand new black car. I do not want to scratch the finish by using a sponge or a drive through spinning brush automatic car wash. There is a drive through automatic touchless car wash that I take it through which is just like a pressure washer and let me tell you that car comes out with no dirt, no film and looks beautiful even in the sun. The only difference I can think is the type of soap application that is pressure sprayed onto the car that sits for about a minute before it is high pressure washed off. If we could duplicate that then all of us would probably be using a pressure washer. There are also no water spots on that black finish so it probably also uses a deionization system or something in the rinse water. The big thing is that it gets it beautifully clean with NO contact.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:44 PM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
we use a green machine, Think its the name ..we purchased it at lowes it uses standard pressure washer nozzles and wand exstensions, its a 1700 psi model and will apply soap at a very low pressure, but i never use the soap option unless i am washing the concrete or the hauler trailer

it wont wash the rv like i like but I use it to blast off road grit and the like

never aim it at seals but do use it with a 45 degree tip to remove the grit and sand
then i hand wash the rig

and it folds up tot a small size and is easy to toss in the basement
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:17 AM   #14

The best thing I ever found for washing vehicles was the Mr. Clean system and they quit making it. Go figure!
OldChief7155 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power