Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2011, 07:44 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Powergear jacks?

I went through this with the pace arrow too, and I had everything ever written about power gear jacks saved to my laptop, and I can't find a spec of it...

2008 monaco, powergear automatic hydrualic jacks with 140-1226 control panel

There is no manual in the bag. My previous system on the old coach was manual. On this coach, automatic works, but levels a lil down in front and off to the right.
I can't get manual to work at all. Nothing happens when I hit the manual button. I don't see an indicator light ( don't know if there should be one) and no response at all when I hit any of the arrow buttons.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2011, 07:50 PM   #2

Email power gear they will email you directions just don't call because they don't answer.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
hey powergear has a new website!
And the first doc I found was mine.
http://powergearus.com/documents/Ops...evel_Rev0B.pdf

Solution 1. To go to manual operation, you have to hold the manual button down for a few seconds. When I did, I was able to level manually.

Solution2. The pdf above refers to a tip sheet #153 which explains how to zero out the automatic lewveling system. I'll search that out now.

I suppose I could search out the answers before posting here... but I didn't. Hopefully this is amusing if not informative.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:19 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
found it. http://powergearus.com/documents/429.pdf
Procedure is complicated enough to printout before trying it.
brb.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:41 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
ok. done. My driveway, downhill and off to the left, is too much for the automatic program, but leveling manually, when the powergear logo lights green, the coach is level.

Thanks for listening.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
ok. done. My driveway, downhill and off to the left, is too much for the automatic program, but leveling manually, when the powergear logo lights green, the coach is level.

Thanks for listening.
No, thank you for the recalibration link. When ever I'm backed in to a site with the slope toward the front, the rear jacks will not move at all if the incline is too steep. Hopefully, the re-cal procedure will help in this regard.

My touch pad is the same as shown and I've found I have to turn off the system after trying to self level in "Auto". I can't go from Auto directly to Man. After the system is turned off, I then can push the Man button for five seconds, and then I can do whatever the need is. Bob

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #7

I am new to this site, I joined because of a problem with my power gear systen. I do everything that I have always done but when the rear jacks hit the ground the fronts also go down. It seems to me that something is doing a bypass also when you go to level left to right the front goes up. if anyone can point me in the right direction I am sure it will help. I hate being ripped off everytime I go to a dealer its cost me a fortune and nothing is small its always a new system. its a power gear system
Old 07-08-2011, 04:26 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
electric or hydraulic?
Year model? TT, 5th or MH?
Old 07-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #9

1998 bounder 34ft, chevey chassis, 4 leg 7.5 v8. When you ask elec or hydro I think it may be electric because you have to turn panel on and you here the pump when you lift.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:06 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
If you hear a pump, it's hydraulic. Power Gear also makes (made?) mechanical jacks that are electric motor driven. Do you know which ones you have? Is there a hydraulic reservoir somewhere?
Old 07-10-2011, 09:08 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Have you gone to the PowergearUS website? They have a great technical library.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:49 AM   #12

yes we have the reservior, the problem is more then one function whats to work at the same time....
Old 07-11-2011, 07:31 AM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by abwatac View Post
1998 bounder 34ft, chevey chassis, 4 leg 7.5 v8. When you ask elec or hydro I think it may be electric because you have to turn panel on and you here the pump when you lift.
The tank, motor and control solenoids are all located just in front of the right front wheel. Make sure all wires are connected. It sounds as though you have a loose or missing ground wire. Here is a manual that explains all you ever wanted to know about your levelers. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15918372/Jac...ice_manual.pdf
Old 07-13-2011, 07:24 AM   #14

thanks loulong, I almost think you may be right because the problem seems to have all kinds of misfunctions. I am going to the beach next week and right now I can manage to get the system to work enough to stabilize the coach as long as I am on level ground ( will be on a concrete pad) at the beach. I really dont want to mess with it right now last thing I need is to let the family down. The system does work (jacks,pump,etc) it just doesnt know what it whats to do. It more then likly is a wiring or control panel issue.