Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2007, 03:52 PM   #1

In Family Motorcoaching I noticed an add for the "Powertank" RV tire inflator. (www.powertank.com) They claim it can inflate a 22.5" tire from 110 psi to 120 psi in 35 seconds using Co2
Is anyone using the Powertank? Is it hard to find a place to refill? Is is costly to refill?Thanks

2007 Revolution 40E
2007 Honda CRV 4 wd Toad

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2007, 03:52 PM   #2

In Family Motorcoaching I noticed an add for the "Powertank" RV tire inflator. (www.powertank.com) They claim it can inflate a 22.5" tire from 110 psi to 120 psi in 35 seconds using Co2
Is anyone using the Powertank? Is it hard to find a place to refill? Is is costly to refill?Thanks

2007 Revolution 40E
2007 Honda CRV 4 wd Toad

Old 10-03-2007, 10:20 AM   #3

I think that is a C02 tank similar to tanks used in welding or scuba diving. They are big heavy tanks that are inflated to 900-1000 PSI. Then regulated down to 120psi for normal tire use etc. The advantage is that a small tank can fill a lot of tires because of the higher pressure. Normal tanks only go to 120-150 so you basically get 6 times more volume of air.

Any welding or dive shop could fill them but I dont know what the cost would be
Old 10-03-2007, 11:29 AM   #4

Using Carbon dioxide to fill a tire?

I have heard of using compressed air (21% oxygen, 79% nitrogen) and 100% nitrogen, but I don't know what the result would be using straight CO2. I would check with Michelin or Goodyear as I suspect they might have a problem although I don't know for sure. Please let us know what you find out.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:00 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Using Carbon dioxide to fill a tire? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

RV Powershot is a co2 tank system that has been around for several years.

Carbon dioxide and nitrogen have been used for some time now.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote