Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2007, 04:56 AM   #1

Just tried out the system and we parked for 6 days...I found most/all rear wheel positions with red bars and NO alarm when the temps got into the high 30s or less...down to mid 20s. They would come and go, but all 6 were lit at times, and then the monitor would re-find them and lose them again. We were camped in the woods with nothing really close by except a stream right behind us. I called Pressure Pro and was told the signal needs something to bounce off of to be read by the monitor, and being away from most solid objects was the cause. In warm weather or under way no problem. Im thinking the cold decreases the battery output, but Pressure Pro says they use these things in Siberia with no problems!! Anyone else have this issue? Other than that I really like the system but am now concerned about the sensors leaking after a while...guess I wont tighten them too much!
footdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2007, 04:56 AM   #2

Just tried out the system and we parked for 6 days...I found most/all rear wheel positions with red bars and NO alarm when the temps got into the high 30s or less...down to mid 20s. They would come and go, but all 6 were lit at times, and then the monitor would re-find them and lose them again. We were camped in the woods with nothing really close by except a stream right behind us. I called Pressure Pro and was told the signal needs something to bounce off of to be read by the monitor, and being away from most solid objects was the cause. In warm weather or under way no problem. Im thinking the cold decreases the battery output, but Pressure Pro says they use these things in Siberia with no problems!! Anyone else have this issue? Other than that I really like the system but am now concerned about the sensors leaking after a while...guess I wont tighten them too much!
Old 01-06-2007, 06:13 AM   #3

The losing signal while camped happens on mine too. Usually a rear one, the bouncing signal hadn't occured to me. I have had mine for over a year now and have yet to lose pressure due to them leaking. I just snug down when tightening. The one problem I have had and not been able to resolve is to pick up the signal from the trailer. Even with a external antenaa. Have to call them again about that one.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:00 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Larry,
Are you using the antenna that is installed on the top of the crontol panel, the external antenna or the repeating antenna?

I installed the system on my coach and toad. In my original installation, I use the antenna that installs in the top of the control panel. It worked okay when traveling (except for the rear toad wheels....sometimes). When parked I would loose the signal randomly from any of the wheels. If I moved the coach slightly, the sympton would change as to which wheel I would loose the signal from. The bottom line is, when parked and using the original antenna, I think it depends on the position of the sensor and can the sensor get a signal to the control panel from that position.

The solution was that I installed the external antenna. It is mounted upside down under the coach about 3 feet in front of the rear axle. The external antenna eliminated the problem completely. Click Pressure Pro External Antenna
to see the photo.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:19 PM   #5

Hey Gary...
I have the hard wired repeater mounted in the bathroom fuse closet..close to the rear wheels. My situation seems strictly temperature related for some reason...above mid 40s and I dont lose the signal...in the 20s most/all rear ones disappear
Old 01-06-2007, 01:27 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Larry,
Thanks for the update on your antenna. I have updated my OP with a link to my antenna. Just for FYI, consider taking a look at it. I have not used the repeater. I am not able to comment on any +/- with the device. I do know the hard wired external antenna works outstandingly 100% of the time for the last 1 year +.

I don't know the frequency the sensors transmit at. My wireless knowledge is not much more than having to lean to get my stuff to work. I do know that WIFI is affected by moisture. If the trees, leaves, buildings are wet, many CG WIFI networks become less than poor. Once the sun comes out/up and dries the surfaces, WIFI returns to normal. I do not know if the same can happen to the sensor signal. I pass this on as a point of interest.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #7

thanks for the photos....looks like a bottom side curb feeler! You sure are a gadget man! I like the idea about rotating the exhaust tip parallel ..was it easy to rotate?