Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2008, 11:11 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
That's a good looking system. I like the fact that the baseline pressure can be programed completely from the monitor without having to re-install the sensor. The "sleep mode" is nice also. But the BEST thing is that they've got the motorhome headed in the correct direction in the display (facing to the right). On the PP system, it's backwards, which drives me nuts because I have the monitor mounted under the driver's side window.

Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2008, 06:04 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I talked to Doran sales yesterday, and it will be out the 1st week of March. The MSRP is only $9 more than the current model, ($499 vs $490)but you sure get a lot more. I see places should be dropping the prices on the old model real quick. but i am ging to wait for the new model.

majfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:46 PM   #31

I sure like the "look" of this one much better and the mounting bracket. It sure makes for a cleaner installation. Price is good too. This one is going to top of my list.

2007 Honda CRV
comp-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:39 PM   #32

Scott, did you buy the additional antenna to extend the signal?

Newmar Mountain Aire
JerryKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:03 AM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Yes. Some will tell you that they just put the repeater in the toad and all is fine. Did not work for me. I had to install a 12v outlet in the cabinet above the toilet which is about 2/3rds of the way back in the coach. I plugged the repeater into it. Works great.

You can go to Wal-Mart or Radio Shack to get the receptacle and ends. I had a couple of unused slots in the fuse block so it is dedicated.

Others have just cut into a 12v line in the rear closet or rear bedroom.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:14 AM   #34

What size fuse did you put in the block? Did you try just using the external antenna under the coach before you purchased the repeater? If I don't tap into the fuse block, can i just use scotch locks and tap into a wire for the closet lighting?

Newmar Mountain Aire
JerryKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:39 AM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Jerry,

I bought the repeater as a kit. To be honest, I didn't know there was an antenna option. As I mentioned, first tried the repeater on the dash of the toad. Sometimes worked sometimes didn't.

I don't remember what size fuse I used and I don't have access to the coach. I think it was a 2 or 2.5 amp.

I store the repeater in the cabinet when parked. When driving, I pull it out and hang it from the towel bar using the power cord. I haven't taken the time to mount it yet. I would probably use Velcro above the stool.

Pressure Pro did say it was better for the repeater to be vertical instead of laying flat and for the antennas to be across the vehicle instead of parallel w/the long side.

JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote