Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2006, 03:38 PM   #15

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bluewind:
We too have been interested in the Pressure Pro system but are concerned about battery life. We would need 10 sensors for our MH and toad. Replacements at $50 each would almost cost as much as the original system. Does anyone know how long the batteries last with normal usage? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bluewind, the Sensors are projected to last 3 to 4 years with normal usage and the replacement Sensors with any updates and new technology will cost around $25.

If you have more questions, please let us know.

Pat & Mike McFall

850-294-0281
Tetoner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2006, 07:31 AM   #16
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tetoner2:
The installation manual and the new Echo Repeater are on our website if anyone would like to look at them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Tetoner2, First of all may I please take this opportunity to welcome you to iRV2.com. Thank you for sharing the tips you provided in your post about Pressure Pro.

Please be advised that our primary forum sponsor RV Upgrades.com sells the Doran Pressure Pro System and as such I am respectfully asking you to remove links to your website which is a point of sale resource for the product. Our Terms of Service are clear and we would appreciate you complying with the contents of the notice.

Failing the removal of the links within a short period of time they may be edited by this forum's Moderator team. Thank you for your compliance in this matter.

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 03:36 PM   #17

DriVer,

I have removed our (thank you) website from my signature. We are only trying to answer some of the questions and clear up some of the misconceptions about PressurePro. Doran has led people to believe that they "manufacture" the PressurePro system but that is a misconception also. Doran is just a Dealer for PressurePro just as we are. I would think that if RV Upgrades.com is interested in keeping their business, they would provide some "after the sale" service and monitor their own sponsored website to answer questions regarding the products they sell. I always thought competition was a good thing and it usually helps to provide better customer service.

Pat & Mike McFall

850-294-0281
Old 08-20-2006, 06:14 PM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Pat & Mike,

As you know I have been researching tire monitoring systems.

As such, I thought Doran was the manufacturer.

As with any RV product, my main concern is after sale support. So many things can go wrong with RV systems, I want to know that I will be in good hands and that I will have hassle-free warranty support and after warranty service availibility.

Thanks for your input, I understand where Driver is coming from, especially if they have a sponsorship agreement with Doran, this is their site and I have found folks at irv2 to be pretty generous with their responses, advice, etc, etc.

I do know one thing, I LIKE competition
Old 08-21-2006, 03:51 AM   #19

Xplorer,

Thank you for your comments. I did not know that IRV2 was a sponsored forum and I will respect their request.

If I can answer any questions or be of further assistance to you or other participants of this forum, please contact me.

Thanks again.

850-294-0281
Old 08-21-2006, 10:32 AM   #20

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sensors with any updates and new technology will cost around $25. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How can this be? The PP website indicates replacement sensors at $50 each.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:49 PM   #21

Bluewind,

There are lots of "PressurePro" websites out there. I would be interested in knowing which website you looked at. Can you give me the link for that website?

The PressurePro Manufacturer's website is: www.AdvantagePressurePro.com. I checked and I can't find a price for replacement sensors on that site.

PressurePro's phone number is 1+800+959-3505. They will be happy to answer your questions. However, we are replacing them for our customers for $25.

Thank you.

Pat

850-294-0281
Old 08-21-2006, 03:49 PM   #22

Pat,

The website I used was your web site...
Old 08-21-2006, 04:36 PM   #23

Bluewind,

That's our website. The $50 is the original purchase price for new customers. The replacement price is not listed but we have been advised by PressurePro that replacement exchanges will be $25.00. When you send your old sensor in, it will be replaced with a new sensor with any new updates and the newest technology available at the time. We do not sell Doran systems, we work directly for PressurePro, the manufacturer.

Pat

850-294-0281
Old 08-28-2006, 05:14 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tetoner2:
The only time you may want to remove the Sensors is if you are stationary for several months. Each Sensor has a serial number that is memorized by the monitor during the initial installation. Therefore, if you remove the Sensor for storage, the Sensor must be returned to the exact position it was originally programmed for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The bold section is not strictly true. If you want to know which tire position has faulted or has low pressure, you need to make sure the sensor is returned to the exact position is was before removal. If it is not important, then the sensor can go on any tire.

Case in point: I make sure that each sensor is returned to the exact position on the RV (or I re-program the central unit), because it is very important to me to know which of 6 tires is having problems.

I forgot about this when I removed the sensors from my Jeep Wrangler when we went offroading. I took them off so I wouldn't damage them on the trail. Rather than keep track of which tire it was by labeling the sensors or continually reprogramming the receiver, I decided that if I ever had a problem with the toad I would just pull over and check all the tires.

To be honest checking the tires on the Wrangler is easy, the sensors are right out in the open. The RV is not the same situation, on the two rears I actually have to remove the wheel covers to get the insides off, on one front I also have to remove the wheel cover. I guess this does cut down on the possibility of theft, but is a pain.

Point is, if you don't mind playing a guessing game as to which wheel position has a pressure problem, then you don't have to return the sensor to the exact wheel position.
alvinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:58 AM   #25

I know this is an older post, but I wanted to post my information just in case anyone researched this topic.

This is Vanessa Zaroor, Director or Marketing for Advantage PressurePro, the developer and marketer of PressurePro Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems. To clear up any previous thoughts (and thank you to the McFalls for helping clear up this issue, we very much appreciate it), ADVANTAGE PRESSUREPRO IS THE PARENT COMPANY OF THE PRESSUREPRO SYSTEMS. Everyone else using the PressurePro name is a distributor or dealer of our products.

Advantage PressurePro does not sell direct to the public on new systems (except for to our original few customers) as we will not compete with our Distributors and Dealers in the field. However, replacement sensors can be purchased through us at $25 each. If you are not in our system (from filling out your warranty card) we will require proof of purchase for the replacements.

If you have any questions on PressurePro, please don't hesitate to email me at vzaroor@advantagepressurepro.com and I'd be happy to answer them for you. Also, the McFalls previously on this site are a great resource as well.

Thank you,
Vanessa

Also - Alvin, I would recommend that you leave your sensors on while off roading. Your tire pressures are just as important then as on the road, and we have built our sensors with the strongest plastics available allowing for outstanding durability and reliability. Give 'em a test run, I have faith they will be just fine.

Advantage PressurePro
PressurePro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:44 AM   #26

Vanessa,

Thank you for the kind words. We have been monitoring this website for a while. We are happy to answer any PressurePro questions or concerns the forum members have. They can PM us or email us at: pressureprosystem@yahoo.com

Tell everyone at Advantage PP "Hello" for us.

Pat and Mike

850-294-0281
Old 12-07-2007, 06:51 AM   #27

What happens to the tire balance when you add the sending unit to a wheel. I seems since it only takes a few oz. of weights to change the balance of a wheel/tire that the wheel should be rebalanced after adding the weight of the sending unit?
Old 12-07-2007, 07:25 AM   #28

I added the Pressure Pro to my coach and tow car almost 2 years ago when we became fulltimers.

There has been no discernable impact on tire balance. My tires have worn evenly. None of my tires are or have been out of balance.

I sure do like getting up on a departure morning, plugging in the Pressure Pro monitor and checking tire pressure from the comfort of the coach.

Fulltimers! - Currently in Gainesville, FL - working as Webmaster & Special Projects Manager
Digital Boy is offline   Reply With Quote