Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2007, 06:52 AM   #29

Hi Jerry,

The Sensor only weighs 2/3 oz. Large tires (RV/Truck), seldom, if ever, require tire balancing. Small tires on toads may require adding a 1/2 oz weight opposite the Sensor. Our first toad had 15 inch tires on it and we did have to add the 1/2 oz weight across from the Sensor. Our new toad has 16 inch tires and doesn't require any additional weight.

If you have further questions, let me know.

Pat

850-294-0281
Tetoner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2007, 10:09 AM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Jerry,
I did notice and feel adifference in my toad tires after the sensors were added. I had both my toad and coach tires rebalanced. Most on this forum know I am persnickety when it comes to chassis, tires, etc. My suggestion is to try it and do what you feel best. Either way, this should not be a buy or no buy decision point. It is more personal preference.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:57 PM   #31

I am expecting to buy all new tires in the spring.
If you were putting on a complete set of tires, would you use this type of system or one that has the sensors inside the tires?
JerryForwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:16 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
I love my Pressure Pro system. But, would go w/internal given the choice. Since you are paying for the tire changeover get the internals. Easier to inflate tires and I believe you can get temp settings too.

Not sure which kind of coach you have but, if it is a Spartan chassis, let them do it.

I'm sure there other points of view and good cases for pressure pro. Just my very humble opinion.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 04:34 PM   #33

Hi Jerry,

Here is a website that you might want to look at. It gives you the pros and cons of both systems.

PressurePro Tire Monitoring System

The PressurePro Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) has 3 "Alert" levels.

The First Stage Low Pressure Alert - alerts at 12.5% pressure loss from initial pressure at installation.
The Second Stage Low Pressure Alert - alerts at 25% pressure loss from initial pressure at installation.
The Third Stage High Pressure Alert - alerts when pressure is 25% over the cold running pressure, indicating that tires are most probably underinflated or there is a bearing or brake problem.

Just keep in mind that if you have a problem with the internal Sensor or if a battery runs down on the internal Sensor, you will have to break the tire down again to replace the Sensor.

There's nothing wrong with the internal Tire Pressure Monitoring System. It is a good system. Just look at the Pros and Cons of both systems and get the one that suits your needs....but get some kind of Tire Pressure Monitoring System. It brings a lot of peace of mind when travelling down the road and you won't be sorry.

If I can answer any further questions, just let me know.

Pat

850-294-0281
Old 12-10-2007, 06:32 AM   #34

This is Vanessa Zaroor, Director of Marketing at Advantage PressurePro. I wanted to place a note on this discussion first off thanking Mike and Pat McFall. You do a wonderful job of answering PressurePro questions.

Mike and Pat are correct, there should be no need to rebalance. I use the sensors on my personal car, a small Dodge Stratus with low profile tires, and have had no need to rebalance. We do have some customers with smaller tow cars that like to rebalance with the sensors just for peace-of-mind. Large tires (RVs, Trucks, etc) won't see an effect with the sensors. If you really want to offset them however, you can purchase 1/2 ounce stick on weights and use those.

As Scott pointed out, yes, the internal systems do read temperatures. Nice thing about tire pressure and tempuratures is that they are directly related. With the PressurePro systems, the new upper alert, which can be pre-set by individual users, will alert you to high temperatures (as the high temps cause increased tire pressure).

I won't make any comments as to which system I would choose, as everyone knows I'm bias, however, if you have any futher questions on PressurePro, please don't hesitate to ask either Pat and Mike or myself.

Thank you,
Vanessa
Director of Marketing - Advantage PressurePro

Advantage PressurePro
PressurePro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:46 AM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Is the high pressure alert something new? I dont believe mine has that feature.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 04:31 PM   #36

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ISLAPP:
Is the high pressure alert something new? I dont believe mine has that feature.
Mike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Mike,

The high pressure alert is new. It alerts when pressure is appx 24% OVER the cold running reference pressure. I don't know the exact date it was released but it has only been available a few months.
The latest version high pressure alert Monitor (just released) comes pre-set at 24% but can be programmed by the owner to other preferred high pressure settings. We are very excited about this new techonolgy. Advantage PressurePro continues to strive toward excellence in the TPMS market.
If I can answer any other questions, please let me know.
Safe Travels,

Pat (and Mike)

850-294-0281
Old 12-10-2007, 05:04 PM   #37
cwg

Short of purchasing a new system, is there anyway those of us who have the earlier versions can upgrade to the system monitor which alerts to the high pressure?
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:16 PM   #38

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cwg:
Short of purchasing a new system, is there anyway those of us who have the earlier versions can upgrade to the system monitor which alerts to the high pressure? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cwg,

You can contact Doug McMeen at Advantage PressurePro. He will tell you how you can upgrade to the new Monitor. His number is: 800-959-3505.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Pat

850-294-0281
Old 12-11-2007, 04:44 AM   #39

CWG,

I apologize, but there is no way short of purchasing a new monitor to get the high pressure alert capability.

PressurePro is constantly researching and implementing new technology to our systems in order to assure the best available TPM system on the market for our customers. Only thing 'bad' about that, is situations like yours. We wish we could upgrade everyone, but your monitor simply won't have the technology.

To clarify high pressure alerts, the monitors (released in late September of this year) come pre-set from the factory at 24%, but can be adjusted by individual customers to be OFF, or alert at 10%, 15%, 19%, 24%, 28%, 33%, 40% or 45% above base pressure.

Hope that helped!

Advantage PressurePro
Old 12-11-2007, 06:52 AM   #40

Vanessa
I may be speaking out of turn, but when I was talking to Doug he did say that as a current customer, I can get the new unit at a discount. Don't know if that was because of the issues I am having, or just a company policy you already have.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:56 AM   #41

Steve,

I just was told the same thing by another customer, so - though I'm a bit embarrased by not knowing what Doug is saying - I haven't heard of this before and am checking now. I will post a new message as soon as I get clarification.

Advantage PressurePro
Old 12-12-2007, 05:55 AM   #42

OK......... Just got out of a meeting with Phil Zaroor and Doug. The discount was not discussed before, but we agree with what Doug suggested, so we are goign to implement it now.

Any customers with monitors of older versions (without the upper limit) that want to update can do so through PressurePro at a 50% discount. This means your monitor price for an RV monitor would be $85, plus shipping and handling. We will require your old monitor to be in house before shipment of the new.

There you go, ask and you shall recieve.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Advantage PressurePro