Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2006, 07:21 AM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Has anyone had any experience with this tire monitoring system?

http://www.pressureprosystem.com/

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2006, 07:21 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Has anyone had any experience with this tire monitoring system?

http://www.pressureprosystem.com/

Old 08-12-2006, 09:08 AM   #3

xplorer, do a search here and over on rv.net and you will find dozens of posts-some negative; but, for the most part this looks like a real winner of a product, Ken,'04DSDP...
Old 08-12-2006, 12:34 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I've had the PressurePro installed for about 18 monhs now and love it. Numerous others here and on other RV web sites also use the system. I recommend it highly.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 01:19 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
I have had the Pressure Pro tire monitoring system for one year. It works as advertised. It is helpful in that I can check tire pressure from the driver's seat. I no longer need to remove the valve stem cap and check with a tire gauge. This reduces the change of messing up the valve stem.

Some of the challenges I faced were:
1. Needed to buy the longer cable and external antenna. Toad tires would not reliably register with the control panel with the antenna that came with the kit. I ran the cable underneath the coach and mounted the antenna upside down about 2 feet forward of the rear axle. All sensors now register with the control panel.

2. I hard wired the control panel to a switch in the dash.

3. Out of 10 sensors 4 have had to be replaced. I ended up buying an extra sensor, they were failing so fast. I told them what the problem was (the pink seal) and we agreed they would send me just the seals and I would install them. Now all sensors work great. The seals were installed incorrectly by the manufacturer.

If I could get a monitoring system from the manufacturer of the coach, I would buy it with the coach. Lacking that, the Pressure Pro System works well and I would buy it again.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:41 AM   #6

I've had the PressurePro system for a little over two years on my coach and toad. Works great. I have not had to replace any sensors. Since my coach is 40 ft, I bought the antenna extension cable.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:44 AM   #7

I bought and installed the Pressure Pro last March before going fulltime. It works as advertised. I use it to check my tire pressures before leaving a campground.

The other day I turned the system on for the first time in 3 months. We've been stationary for 3 months. I discovered that one sensor on my tow car was not working. I'm waiting for a replacement.

The system provides great peace of mind. I think it is well worth the price.

Fulltimers! - Currently in Gainesville, FL - working as Webmaster & Special Projects Manager
Digital Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 03:23 AM   #8

We've owned our PressurePro system for over 3 years. We have not had to replace a Sensor yet. If you are planning on being stationary for a few months, you can preserve your batteries by removing them. However, you must be sure to get them back on the same tires that they came off of. Myself and others find out that an egg carton marked with the tire positions works great. The only time these Sensors are not transmitting are when they are off the tire....therefore it conserves the battery to remove them. The installation manual and the new Echo Repeater are on our website if anyone would like to look at them.

850-294-0281
Tetoner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 05:02 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Pat & Mike,
How does removing the sensors help if the rig is stationary anyway? The wheel sensors are not moving, whether on the wheel or in the egg carton, so seems to me they should be in "sleep" mode either way.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 05:55 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks for everyone's input. Will probably go with pressurepro, seems to be a good value for the $$$.

Checked out the SmartTire system at CW, the installation cost is more than 1/3 of the cost of the system.

Although it may provide more additional info than pressurepro, I like the idea of self-install, etc., along with the cost difference provides what I want as far as pressure monitoring. the difference in cost of installation alone will actually pay for the 6 tire monitors...and gives me what I want to know about the tires.

Anyway, thanks again for your experience with this system.... Besides, Pat and Mike seem like great folks to do business with.

Happy Travels with good tire pressure.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:04 AM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
RV Roamer,

I think this is how the sensors work if I understand it correctly.

The valve stem pressing against the sensor seal actually activates the battery and sets the tire pressure reading with that specific sensor, memorizing the pressure for that tire. I.E., the importance of each sensor being returned to a specific tire.

When the sensor cap is removed, the tire stem pressure against the seal is no longer active and the battery goes to sleep, similar to a computer until reactivated again.

I am sure Mike & Pat will respond to your question, but, again, this is just my take on how the system operates. The memory (chip) or whatever must be inside the rubber seal in the sensor (just guessing).

The technology is great, and I would suspect this tech is just a tip of what may come.

Someday, tires will have self-monitoring systems imbedded in the tires. Probably the tech currently exists, but then there would be fewer tires purchased,,,,,,heck, come to think of it, no tire manufacturer is going to do anything that will cause fewer tires to be sold.

Must have had a momentary BrainF@#$%T.

May your road remain smooth and your tires inflated.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:32 AM   #12

We too have been interested in the Pressure Pro system but are concerned about battery life. We would need 10 sensors for our MH and toad. Replacements at $50 each would almost cost as much as the original system. Does anyone know how long the batteries last with normal usage?
Old 08-19-2006, 02:06 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Bluewind,
My manual says the batteries last 24 to 40 months.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 03:18 PM   #14

Xplorer, your theory is absolutely correct. When the Sensors are removed from the valve stems, they no longer transmit. When they are screwed on the valve stem, the air pressure activates the transmitter switch and they are transmitting continuously. This way, if you are stationary in a campground for several days, you can monitor the air pressure in all tires at anytime and especially before you begin travelling.

The only time you may want to remove the Sensors is if you are stationary for several months. Each Sensor has a serial number that is memorized by the monitor during the initial installation. Therefore, if you remove the Sensor for storage, the Sensor must be returned to the exact position it was originally programmed for.

If you have more questions, please let us know.

Pat & Mike

850-294-0281
Tetoner2 is offline   Reply With Quote