Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2015, 01:11 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Privacy

On our old coach the window glass in the exterior door was textured much like a shower door. I liked it because it gave privacy and you didn't have to have a shade or blind. Our new coach has clear glass - does anybody make a tint or prouduct to replicate the privacy aspect of the textured glass? Or is there a product to put on the glass to make it one way viewing only?...inside-out of course!

Thanks
theman440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2015, 01:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman440 View Post
On our old coach the window glass in the exterior door was textured much like a shower door. I liked it because it gave privacy and you didn't have to have a shade or blind. Our new coach has clear glass - does anybody make a tint or product to replicate the privacy aspect of the textured glass? Or is there a product to put on the glass to make it one way viewing only?...inside-out of course!
Thanks
theman440
"One way" glass or ("one way" glass films), allow you the see through from the darkest side to the lighted side,
Which means in the day time you will see out.... but at night people outside will be able to see in.

Here are some "frosted glass films" with which you can make your existing door glass "privacy glass": Amazon.com: frosted window film for glass

Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 01:49 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
There are tons of options on Amazon! Here's a search:
Amazon.com: door glass privacy film
Old 04-22-2015, 02:09 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
you also get DAY TIME privacy from screens that you attach to the outside of your windows for sun & heat protection (ex. Home | Magne Shade | Sunshade for RV, RV Shade, Installs from the ground, Magnetic Shade, Magnet Shade). at night, however, if you have lights on inside the RV people can easily see in.

we bought our windshield screen to reduce the summer-time heat here in South Texas, but the daytime privacy was a nice bonus.
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:09 PM   #5

How about an old fashioned pull down shade from DIY store.
Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:05 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Get the clear contact paper, cut to fit window and stick it on. It will look like frosted glass. You will be amazed!
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:16 PM   #7

Or you can get a spray on frosting. Just be sure and mask well around the window frame.

Wa La !
MikeandClaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:50 AM   #8

Some big advantages in being able to see who is at the door before opening it. Can't do that with frosted glass.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:51 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for all the input everybody, I think iI know what I will do now.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:20 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman440 View Post
Thanks for all the input everybody, I think iI know what I will do now.
Don't keep us in suspense, tell us your decision
Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 05:03 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
On my last rig with a side door, installed a wide angle lens like what are available for the rear window.

I liked how it also provided added visibility while parked. A bit of the opposite of what you want but was still quite useful.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000TC...yqL&ref=plSrch
Old 04-27-2015, 05:50 PM   #12

Privacy

I have a 3x3 clear glass window in the shower area of my home. The top half is still clear but the bottom has the cling type frosted overlay on it. We can look out but the frosted pane keeps the teeners from looking at my wife's headlights.

Guess I'm saying you don't "have" to do the whole pane.
Fl_Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:09 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Lee View Post
Some big advantages in being able to see who is at the door before opening it. Can't do that with frosted glass.
Ya, Please be careful and don't open the door, like I did to some dopes smoking dopes that wanted money to go down the road to Carl Jr. for a hamburg.
spsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 04:46 PM   #14

Cut out a peep section in the covering to look out. Thats one of the advantages to installing it yourself. You can modify it to your liking.
Fl_Richard is offline   Reply With Quote