Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2005, 01:22 PM   #1

I just installed the pro fill battery filler system on my motor home. Was simple to install, took about 25 minutes to put on all 6 batteries.

Sure beats having to fill the batteries individually. It has replacement caps that attach to a manifold that has hose connections to the other batteries. A squeeze pump is connected to the hose and inserted into a jug of distilled water. When the squeeze pump gets hard the batteries are full.

It is a little expensive, but on my coach the batteries are hard to see when filling them so to me it was worth it.

Alarmguy
04 See Ya Gold (MH)
00 Voyager toad

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2005, 01:22 PM   #2

I just installed the pro fill battery filler system on my motor home. Was simple to install, took about 25 minutes to put on all 6 batteries.

Sure beats having to fill the batteries individually. It has replacement caps that attach to a manifold that has hose connections to the other batteries. A squeeze pump is connected to the hose and inserted into a jug of distilled water. When the squeeze pump gets hard the batteries are full.

It is a little expensive, but on my coach the batteries are hard to see when filling them so to me it was worth it.

Alarmguy
04 See Ya Gold (MH)
00 Voyager toad

Old 10-11-2005, 05:47 AM   #3

I use a mirror, tilted 45 degrees held over the batt. hole, that way you can see how full the fluid is. Works great in small spaces, just dont wear long sleaves, acid will eat a hole in about 4 hours. Even if you wash the cloth !!
Old 10-11-2005, 06:16 AM   #4

Profill looks very convinient.

We use a battery filler what stops when the batteries reach the correct level that cost under $16 at an auto parts store.

and a Bob Tail Cat
Richard and Babs and a Bob Tail Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 12:03 PM   #5

Yeah, I tried one of those auto store battery fillers. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (underfills or overfills). I just got the Pro-Fills, will see if they are any more reliable.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:05 PM   #6

I use an articulated drinking straw to check the battery levels of those I can't see (and now for those I can see as well). Just put the straw in and then put my finger over the end. The fluid stays in when I lift it and I can see how much over the plates the fluid is. Seems to work well for me (needless to say DW suggested it).
Old 10-11-2005, 05:04 PM   #7

I'll attest to the Profill - had one on our last coach, and now have one on the golf cart. It has to be the quickest, easiest way to fill a battery bank without overfilling that I've seen.Especially in those applications where you have to stand on your head to see/fill the batteries.
Worth every penny, IMO.

2005 Revolution LE 40E
Steve Val is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:18 PM   #8

The See Ya has 6 batteries, 3 on either side of the generator and the outside 2 are a pain to get to, not to mention having to remove 18 caps to check/fill the batteries.

The coach came with a battery filler, the kind with the spring loaded spout that you push down on to get water flow, some times it worked OK other times it would overflow the cell.

The pro fill is expensive but sure is easy to use and gets the right level to each battery every time.

Alarmguy
04 See Ya Gold (MH)
00 Voyager toad (remco pump)
Old 01-09-2006, 03:07 AM   #9

I use a pump up lawn sprayer to fill my batteries. Put in distilled water and just pump it a few times as you don't need much preasure. Hold a flashlite in one hand and you can see the water level real good. The plastic wand makes it easy to reach the third battery in the back of the tray without over filling. And you CAN wear long sleves if you are careful. (Ha Ha)
Old 01-09-2006, 03:36 AM   #10

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick A
I use the Flowrite Qwik-Fill that I purchased through Bass Pro Shops. It prevents over filling and helps reduce out gassing during charging. I probably water my batteries half as much during the seaseon as I did without the watering system.