Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-20-2011, 09:30 PM   #15
Thanks a real lot for the additional insight... I've continued to try stufff and read the manuals on theis Xantrex unit.... That's some of the same info I found this AM going through the manuals and it even states in one area that the microwave clock will not work when inverter is on load sense status unless there is additional load for the power draw....
Believe I've found directions on finding the setting for the load sense mode and will try to turn it off in AM.... then will see if the clicking stops and clock works..... guess this could very well make sense because in the two weeks I had the MH prior to discovering this issue, I'm not sure I ever had the inverter on with all other draws off .. was almost always on a/c power when not in use.......inverter was off except for the night that I first heard this probelm....
Hope to determine the extent of the mystery or the solution in AM....

2009 AB 40QSP/Powerglide/Cummins 8.9L ISL/Allison 3000/Pressure ProTMS/Blue Ox Base Plate, Towbar, Patriot Braking System, FMCA-Badger Chapter, Allegro Club-WAW
WhiteEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2011, 08:31 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I also think he is seeing the Load Sense function in the RS3000. My Xantrex RV2500 has the same "feature", and I keep it turned of becasue it won't power my clocks or other very low current loads if Ileave it on. It wakes up every xx seconds and checks for loads, then goes back to sleep if below a threshold of a few watts. That is most likley the periodic clicking he hears from the bed pump.

Deactivate the Load Sense via the inverter's control menu and I'll bet the problem goes away.

Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #17
I went through all kinds of menus looking for the path as discribed in operators manual -pretty sure it is not exactly correct or at best is poorly described and laid out ..... I finally found my way thru the menu to the "load sense" mode and it was on.... turned it off and surprise .. no more air bed pump clicking and the microwave clock time stays set.....
Thanks to all that had and offered a clue .... believe the mystery is solved ... nothing's wrong with pump or clock , and I can cancel next weeks appointment at the dealers to get those issues resolved..... life is good again....
Now I can read the manual again and try to actually understand more about the power share and load sense. Hoping I didn't change any settings in other areas of the menus that will affect something else down the road...
I am going to contact Xantrek and ask if they have a outline or a flowchart of the menu that would be far more understandable as to pathway to each of the modes / components / settings.... the manual does a poor job at second/third layers in - even if you think you know what you are looking for.. The one page that has such a diagram in my manual is not totally correct and includes some misleading items in it.....
In any case... I think my issue is resolved.. thanks...

2009 AB 40QSP/Powerglide/Cummins 8.9L ISL/Allison 3000/Pressure ProTMS/Blue Ox Base Plate, Towbar, Patriot Braking System, FMCA-Badger Chapter, Allegro Club-WAW
WhiteEagle is offline   Reply With Quote