Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2012, 09:05 PM   #1

Problem with thermostat in Allegiance 2009

Our thermostat has 3 zones. I turn all three zones on to furnace and very shortly will go back to check on why it is so cold and two zones will be turned off. Do I need a new circuit board? Know nothing about this thermostat for our aqua hot and have no booklet regarding its operation. Help! It's getting cold outside and we have one month before we head south.
jedtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2012, 11:19 PM   #2

Have you looked for a web page for Aqua _hot to try and down load a manual ?
If you have 3 A/C units and only one furnace( Aqua -hot ) then only zone one should have to be set, 2&3 should be off.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:32 PM   #3

I was just on the Aqua-hot site , you need the model number off the unit to download a manual, from the library section of the site.
Do you have enough fuel in the tank for the Aqua -Hot boiler to fire up? Usually require over 1/4 tank, or full 50 amp shore power for electric operation .
Old 10-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I would suggest a call to American Coach Customer Service (see their website) to see how the thermostat is supposed to work with the Aquahot. They are usually very helpful.

I think Skip426 is on the right track when he says some zones do not apply to the Aquahot, but an American Coach is likely set up differently than his Dutch Star.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
On our Allegiance, the thermostat controls all facets of heating/cooling for all units. Also, the thermostat can be confusing, are you sure you are properly setting the two units that are not coming on? There should be a manual for the tstat, I'd check it out.

Here's AC tech assist number: 800-435-7345, have your VIN handy.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Suggest to try to turn on diesel side of aqua hot if you want your heat to work. I always have mine on whenever I need heat. Have the same system on my 2006 Tradition. Let me know if this works. Good luck!
Longweekends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:18 PM   #7

Allegiance thermostat

Thanks for all of the responses. Have contacted American Coach about our erratic thermostat. We've pretty much determined that it has lost its programming somehow. It shuts off different zones or turns them on mysteriously whether it's on inverter, generator, or shore power. Our Allegiance was only in production for two years and this was the first year model. The scary part is the thermostat is obsolete and they are shipping what is probably the last one available. It was made just for this model. Hope and pray that it is just the old thermostat and not something else that might harm the new thermostat. Any cautions before we plug it in that you know of?
jedtoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thermostat