Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2014, 04:51 PM   #43

Winnebago Owners Club
Well ... if you can run the genny, you can plug in a couple portable space heaters and that will help a lot through the evening. Was hoping the switches were in the wrong positions ... but it is beginning to sound like the regulator. Do your best to stay warm. \ken

Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2014, 05:01 PM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks, Ken. We have shore power and tried running a heater last night and it blew out blew the frig and outlets (sorry don't know the right term for that). Hubby reset that but given that I think we will just stay under the blankets. We are comfortable as long as we stay under those. The pups think it's a great deal now - alll cuddled together on bed.

Thanks for all the support. It means a whole lot!!

Old 11-16-2014, 05:06 PM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
The 120v outlet that is in the washing machine closet is on a dedicated circuit. You could plug a space heater in that outlet and (so long as you don't do any laundry) you will not blow a circuit breaker (with the genny running). Position it at the base of the dresser and you will at least have a warm bedroom!

Stay warm and happy! And remember, You are making memories!

\ken
Old 11-16-2014, 05:12 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
As mentioned.......check outside valves.
When your tank is filled the valve usually gets turned off to
the coach. Most people to turn the valve on after filling
but we had one guy that did not......VOILA.....no propane.

I always ask if they turned the valve on.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:37 PM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Ken, Thanks so much. Didn't know that. That would be awesome. To clarify, though, do you mean that with genny running as opposed to shore power or also okay with shore power? We have shore power - is that not better than genny? Forgive my ignorance! And yes we are definitely building memories!! Keep reminding myself of how we will have fun telling the story around the campfire down the road.

Lucky, we have checked and rechecked valves both before and after the LP refill. IT was occurring before the refill but we have checked again to be sure. Thank you, though. I kept hoping it was something like that that we were missing. How I wish!!! i still hope for a simple answer but I think we will be in the shop tomorrow. Thanks so much for the input. This community is awesome!! Just feeling the support is such a lift emotionally.
Old 11-16-2014, 05:52 PM   #48

Winnebago Owners Club
Oh yes, shore power would be preferred. Was thinking you were running on the genny, but either power source will be fine. The washer circuit on the FD is a dedicated line from the 120v panel, so you will not have to worry about overloading it. Have a great evening! \ken
Old 11-16-2014, 06:02 PM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
just making sure! We are doing that now! Thanks so much for all your thoughts today! Have a great evening!
Old 11-17-2014, 04:55 PM   #50

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Any resolution on getting the propane running as this would be good information to know for future reference.
Freightliner Chassis, Cummins engine, FMCA #408511
figallegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:05 PM   #51

Curious minds want to know, did you get to pass gas yet??
Bigd9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:42 PM   #52

Winnebago Owners Club
Sorry for the delay guys but thanks so much for asking! Have been involved in the process all day and we just got to hotel. It's at Camping World. They worked us in which we appreciated very much. They have confirmed it is an electrical 12 volt issue but when we left to come to hotel were still tracing the source. They kindly offered to put it back out so we could sleep in it tonight as they could set it so we could have heat. (When they bypass certain areas with the electric, it works - Something about the solenoid.) However, they are still tracing to find the exact spot where the problem lies. If they let us sleep in it tonight they would have to put things back together and then restart tomorrow. We decided to let them continue the process without interruption and it will be in garage to completely thaw out as well. So we still await complete analysis and details tomorrow. I will most definitely post when resolved and will try to have the correct terms to give you as well. What a day! Good news it is clear and sunny today and above freezing during the day. Did I mention how badly we want to find a place that is above freezing all day and night?

Will definitely post when have the end result. I cannot say enough how much the support here has meant!!! Just having friends we don't even know trying to help and supporting us emotionally is gold!! Thanks to all!! Just hoping we get to meet some of you in our travels at some point!
Old 11-19-2014, 08:14 AM   #53

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Any success in finding the problem?
Freightliner Chassis, Cummins engine, FMCA #408511
figallegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:53 AM   #54

It doesn't surprise me it was a 12 volt problem. Your problem started when you lost your charge in your house batteries. This in turn shut off your solenoid gas switch. All troubleshooting with battery still discharged was useless. If the battery shorted it self out and went bad, it would be the reason it wouldn't maintain a charge. It could also be the reason the solenoid gas switch doesn't open with power applied to the coach. If the battery draws so much current in its shorted condition it could blow a cb in one of the outputs of the converter or the converter output may not have enough current to feed the shorted battery and the solenoid switch at the same time. All your troubles started with loss of 12 vdc., while not on generator or shore power. The solenoid switch requires 12 vdc to maintain the gas open state. It is also just as possible that the solenoid went bad and drew the current from the battery preventing it from charging correctly. If the voltage at the house battery maintains about 13.6 volts during shore power plug in or generator, then my bet is the solenoid is bad. If the battery voltage is less than 12 vdc then you could have blown cb that provides charge from the converter to the battery or the battery is bad. Sorry I am kind a late putting in my 2 cents worth. Did the gas rocker switch ever provide a light for the gas on indication in the coach?
Old 11-20-2014, 08:22 PM   #55

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I found out monday.. When he filled my tank (I was not home) He re-opened the valve (I checked) needed propane for something I was baking (Cheesecake).

Page 2:

The box around the regulator... Some of those are easily removed.. Mine you need a table knife.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:29 PM   #56
Rkh

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
I found out monday.. When he filled my tank (I was not home) He re-opened the valve (I checked) needed propane for something I was baking (Cheesecake).

Page 2:

The box around the regulator... Some of those are easily removed.. Mine you need a table knife.

Wa8yxm, I think the OP is way past whether the valve is open or not. Rig is in the shop and we are waiting for final result

Tags
propane