Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #29
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Although propane engines last longer i am with the majority for all the above reasons. Take care of a gas genset and it will last longer than the rig. I start the genset for 10 to 15 minutes everyother weekend in the winter.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #30
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have so many comebacks, but they would all be edited, get me evicted or close the thread down.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:30 AM   #31

[moderator edit]

People, all I am saying is that the facts show propane fueled engines, those designed to run on propane, not conversions; which by the way there is nothing wrong with so long as the heads are hard, you fully understand this jlyons I am certain, are by far more reliable than gassers, especially with the onset of corn gas being used in older gensets- If you have an older unit read the literature and see if any blend of ethanol is approved.
However the all important caveat is that you must be a 'normal' person in order for propane to be the best choice for YOU and being normal does not include having the NEED to run your generator for extended periods-within ear shot of others- as this makes you a very very rude person, which some here appear to be.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:24 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Why not have the BEST of both worlds, buy a portable Honda EU2000i generator with the Tri-Fuel kit that allows you to use either gas, propane or natural gas.

See link here. Propane Powered Generator Honda EU2000i + Propane Conversion Kit | Technomadia

It is only a 2000 watt which may or may not be enough depending on your circumstances.

I do know from experience that the Honda generators are really quiet compared to others.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 02-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #33

Dr., thats a great heads up, tnks. The people say the EU2000 starts the ac but I don't see how, running current for the Cub is 11.1A or roughly 1300w so this is not an issue but the inrush current to start is what I would be concerned with as the gen is maxed out-on paper anyway- at 2004w, regardless, the owners say the genset starts the ac and that is all that matters PLUS you could always get the twining cord and run two-I -believe- you can twin all of these Honda models, and they are really works of art.
Get the propane tee into thing and life would be very nice indeed-imagine the fuel consumption, or rather the lack of fuel consumption-even jlyons would be happy with this, then again.....

Good grief, those can run over seven hours on 1.1 gallons of gas, or with the adjustment for propane, just over two days with the standard small rv tank-thats running only a genset, but even this is impressive.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #34
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rough road View Post
Dr., thats a great heads up, tnks. The people say the EU2000 starts the ac but I don't see how, running current for the Cub is 11.1A or roughly 1300w so this is not an issue but the inrush current to start is what I would be concerned with as the gen is maxed out-on paper anyway- at 2004w, regardless, the owners say the genset starts the ac and that is all that matters PLUS you could always get the twining cord and run two-I -believe- you can twin all of these Honda models, and they are really works of art.
Get the propane tee into thing and life would be very nice indeed-imagine the fuel consumption, or rather the lack of fuel consumption-even jlyons would be happy with this, then again.....

Good grief, those can run over seven hours on 1.1 gallons of gas, or with the adjustment for propane, just over two days with the standard small rv tank-thats running only a genset, but even this is impressive.
There is a capacitor mod you can make for easier stards on the AC

Old 02-08-2012, 06:23 AM   #35

Hi taz, hard start kit? are you also surprised that the 2kw gen will start the ac??

Tags
gas, propane