On the other side of the issue... A couple of teenagers lugged a couple of 20 or 25 pound bottles of Propane into their bedroom where they were getting high by "Huffing" the propane (Ever notice how all the chemical highs are poison/toxic can kill you, Natural highs, IE: Music, they don't do that).
Well, they huffed and they huffed and the propane fumes reached..... The pilot light on the water heater.
They survived.. Burn unit (A special ICU) but they survived. Wonder if they learned?
As for the house.. It did not do so well, Many neighbors are likely to sue for replacement windows and such as well. And of course there is the bill from the water department for all that water the FD pumped.
What added fuel to the fire was the natural gas line, You see when the explosion blew the water heater over it fractured the gas line to the heater.
The word is: Conflagration.
Now, I know propane is dangerios if not respected.... But as I said, once the venting stops the danger quickly passes.. The next job is to make sure it does not vent more,, Easiest way to do that is to cook dinner with gas, Heat the water for dishes with gas, and hopefully burn enough gas off that it no longer needs to vent.
The kind of high temps we have had this month (I hear folks on motorcycles complaining about the heat, and they have a nice 60mph breeze to cool them off) 80 percent might be overfilled.
Home is where I park it!