Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2014, 04:39 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
I've owned Safaris , Beavers and now a Newmar... Find yourself a Newmar with Comfort Drive... And you'll never look back!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2014, 04:00 PM   #16

Freightliner Owners Club
I live within 1 hour of the Tiffin factory and I just traded my 2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus for a new 2014 Mountain Aire. After having the Tiffin Coach for 11 days I took it to the Tiffin Factory and I was not able to pick it up for 7 weeks although it was there just to repair things that should have been done correctly when it was built. When I asked one of the supervisors at the factory a question he told me that I needed to read the owners manual and another executive did not tell me and my wife that the floor plan we really wanted was going to be made 5 weeks after we decided on the one we got. Also when I found out that quite a few Tiffin owners stated that they would never own another Tiffin I thought maybe I needed to go to another brand.
freen03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:44 PM   #17

My personal experience was with a 2005 Monaco Knight 38 triple slide on the Roadmaster Chassis.
We bought second hand in 08. I was very dissapointed with build quality and had many issues with cabinetry and trim work. We only owned it for 2 years and swore to never go down that road again.
This was my 4th motorhome and it was a big dissapointment. I sold a Tioga 31w class C and it was a better product than the Monaco. I had way fewer problems in the 11 years I owned the Tioga as compared to the 2 years I had the Monaco.
It got the same MPG and about the same speed towing uphill. Yes it had more room and drove nicer but not worth the money.
My new MH with the Ford V10 would outrun the Monaco DP hands down. The Monaco was powered by a Cummins ISB at 330 hp.
The Roadmaster Chassis was air suspended and rode OK. NOT fantastic just OK.
I felt the ride was harsh on small jolts. Did not care for the front entry.
The air leveling system was very slow to evacuate and then level, about 5 minutes. It was very nice inside and out just not a positive experience for us.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
No one whats to admit that they made multi-thousand dollar mistake
Ain't that the truth! These things are all big mistakes. Some are just bigger mistakes than others.
Air Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:59 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
If you are looking for a high end coach, don't forget American Coach:

American Coach - Luxury RVs
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco, newmar, quality, tiffin