Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2016, 04:42 PM   #1
Fro

Monaco Owners Club
Quartzite RV Show

The Mrs and I would like to spend a couple days at the RV show in 2017, but cant' make it there during the official dates. For those that have attended previous years, are the vendors usually set up and operating the week before? Thanks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2016, 06:26 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
The Mrs and I would like to spend a couple days at the RV show in 2017, but cant' make it there during the official dates. For those that have attended previous years, are the vendors usually set up and operating the week before? Thanks.
Nope

Old 07-24-2016, 07:54 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"Fro".....They set up a large, almost football field size tent for the RV show. I believe they do a gem show either before or after the RV show, so things get changed out. Quartzsite is more than just the RV show. Throughout town, there are several flea markets that pop up, unfortunately, I think it's busiest during the actual dates of the RV show.

You can go there now.....it's about 113 during the day and cooling off to a lovely 87 at night.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:28 PM   #4
Fro

Monaco Owners Club
thanks for the insight everyone. I was hoping it would be like Sturgis and the week before is the best time to get there,... all the vendors are open and not so much gridlock..
Old 07-25-2016, 10:36 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The whole town is filled with vendors and flea markets starting in Oct/Nov but the big tent for the RV show doesn't go up until two weeks or so before the show starts.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:44 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
It should be noted that there are really very few RV vendors at the Quartzsite show. You're better off to attend one of the big FMCA International rallies if you want to see a lot of quality vendors and not a bunch of jewelry car wash towel salesman.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
It should be noted that there are really very few RV vendors at the Quartzsite show. You're better off to attend one of the big FMCA International rallies if you want to see a lot of quality vendors and not a bunch of jewelry car wash towel salesman.
I agree with this. I personally would not go to this event with the intention of getting any kind of a good deal on anything other than a piece of quartz or cheap jewelry. And the big tent, it is nothing but grid lock and no place to walk or crawl. Some people love it obviously but not for us.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530ktm View Post
I agree with this. I personally would not go to this event with the intention of getting any kind of a good deal on anything other than a piece of quartz or cheap jewelry. And the big tent, it is nothing but grid lock and no place to walk or crawl. Some people love it obviously but not for us.
X2.

There are those who attend Quartzsite and enjoy it , they must love the crowds and dust. I do a flash visit to pick up a few discount coupons from my favorite RV parks , in and out of town in 2 hrs. Stopping in the big tent is next to impossible, you'll just get pushed along by the crowd if you try; IF you can find parking .
Old 07-25-2016, 09:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
"Fro".....They set up a large, almost football field size tent for the RV show. I believe they do a gem show either before or after the RV show, so things get changed out. Quartzsite is more than just the RV show. Throughout town, there are several flea markets that pop up, unfortunately, I think it's busiest during the actual dates of the RV show.

You can go there now.....it's about 113 during the day and cooling off to a lovely 87 at night.
One thing I'm curious about is security. My understanding is that many people camp on BLM land and then go into town.
Are people concerned with leaving their RV unattended?
Old 07-25-2016, 09:46 PM   #10

Well Gang,
Are we talking about the same "Quartzsite"?? We've attended the annual Quartzsite RV event for about 8 years now and, while it has "toned" down some, I wouldn't say there's no venders there. In the big "tent", there are 6 full rows, about 150' long each, of "vendors". Now, many of them are regular show-to-show vendors that primarily don't have anything to do with RVs. That is, there's doggie supplies vendors (harness's, collars, leashes, and a few dozen other dog related things), there pots and pans sales, there's memberships to all kinds Camping/touring places, and the list goes on and on.

Then, there's actually folks that sell RV stuff. LED bulbs, hoses, and a few tons of other RV stuff. OH, and don't forget all the Blue Ox sales there too.

And that's only what's in the tent. Then there's a whole plethora of other types of vendors north of the tent in outside sales. There's the infamous tool sales place on the north side of that tent. Then there's places across I-10 too. I think that's called the "Main Event". That side has dwindled down some due to what's been reported as weird and expensive rules for temp vendors.

So, again, while it may have simmered down just a bit from yesteryear, it's still quite a happening. If you're in the market for an RV, there's a dozen bigger name RV sales that tote in a bunch of coaches from all over AZ to the event. I still get sore feet meandering from place to place, trying to forge our way through the hords of "blue hairs" toting their chihuahuas.

And while it's a ghost town at present, due to the summer weather conditions, it's actually still fairly busy in the main road through town during the mid day hours. Lot's of folks and truckers traveling through. We just sold our Jeep and have to deliver it to San Diego on Friday so, we'll be heading through it then.

Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexters View Post
One thing I'm curious about is security. My understanding is that many people camp on BLM land and then go into town.
Are people concerned with leaving their RV unattended?
Many, MANY, groups of RVers on BLM land and some have had theft issues , but along with the group, comes the opportunity to go to town while a neighbor watches your rig.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:30 AM   #12

Tens of thousands park in the desert, and leave their rigs. A TINY fraction have problems. We went there for a couple weeks. Went into town a couple times for a few hours.