Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2010, 08:53 PM   #1

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Question about KIB systems monitor

I recently purchased my coach but did not get the owners manual for the systems monitor. It is a KIB unit that appears to be original to the coach. I just got all the gray and black water sensors operating properly, the LP and FW tank sensors and monitor LED's are working fine.
I am not sure how the LED's should display on the battery monitor. There is an LED next to C, G, F, and C. C appears to be a green charge indicator light when 120 volts is available, G has a Green LED but what does that mean? F is orangish? assume that is a battery full light, but should it be green or red? L displays a red LED but the batteries are new deep cycle and fully charged.
I went to KIB's website, but found no info. Any help on how the battery systems monitor is supposed to operated would be greatly appreciated.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2010, 02:35 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
You are correct in that "C" is charge. "G" = Good "F" = Fair "L" = Low This row is similar in operation in that the light start at the bottom and get filled in the more voltage the monitor sees. So a charging battery will have all the light in this row lit up.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:25 AM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks Mike,
So it works like all the other holding tank monitored systems, the more battery lights the better.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:25 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Found something strange when I was looking at the systems monitor today, the C- Charge light is staying on with land line disconnected and without engine or genset running. I could have swore last time I checked the C light was off when in self contained mode. Could it be a sticking solenoid or faulty convertor circuit board?
Not sure if I should be concerned about this.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:31 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
No need to be concerned. The surface charge of the battery might keep the "C" light lit for a little while but not long and the monitoring of the battery voltage is only fair for accuracy.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:50 AM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
KIB just emailed me a nifty trouble shooting guide for the systems monitor, thought I would post incase anyone else has same concerns as me.

For systems monitor manufactured Jan '92 and later, the LED light will come on when the following voltages are seen in the coach batteries.

C - CHARGE 12.7 volts
G - GOOD 11.9 volts
F - FAIR 11.2 volts
L - LOW 6.0 volts

Old 07-20-2016, 03:14 PM   #7

KIB K193 board

So I discovered the other day that the black and gray tanks are not connected to the corresponding display (black is in the gray column and gray is in the black column). Now this isn't mission critical but I do like to have things show what they should be showing.
Does anyone know which wires coming off the board connector is connected to the black sensor and which one goes to the gray sensor?
Or, does anyone have the installation/wiring schematic for this board?
Troy
k123911 is offline   Reply With Quote