Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2015, 06:04 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGT View Post
I know the site says during the day one can see out of the motorhome but it is very difficult to almost impossible for people to see in while the MagneShade is installed.

We have front windshield curtains so the question I have is will they still need to be pulled shut to help block the sun from heating the interior?

I do know at night things change and the curtains need to be pulled because people can then see in with the interior lights on.

I really enjoy being able to see out of the windshield while camping, but want to cut down on the interior sauna affect. I am hoping the MagneShade allows me to see out while making the interior temps much more tolerable.
We like to see out our window too and with the MagneShade we can still do so. They do darken the interior a bit but it's worth it to have less heat in the coach. With the shades up, we can still see who is walking by, what going on around us and enjoy the view but as I said, the view is not as clear or bright as with them off. When we are in the shade or colder locations, we don't use them. They are an excellent investment and I wouldn't travel without them. We have front and side Windex windo Magneshades as well as tire shades.
Selah2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2015, 07:06 AM   #16

Realy looks like a great product, checked the web site but didn' see any prices there. Would anyone like to give some kind of price range? Jim.
04fxsts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:19 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Which cuts more light, a white blind or a black one? The black one, of course. Same with a shade screen. The darker one keeps more light (heat) from making it through into the coach. The heat is absorbed by the screen but since it is outside the coach, that heat is then dissipated and most of it is kept from entering your coach interior.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:19 AM   #18

I believe our tire covers were about $450 but that will depend on the size, of course. They are so easy to put on and take off. We do it before we dump the air and can put all six of them on in less than three minutes.
I think the front window, driver side window, passenger side window, passenger door window and a triangular side window was about $800 but that was two years ago. It will depend on your coach. I can put them up or take them down myself easily but we usually do it together. Takes less than ten minutes to put them all up.
Many people just buy the front window shade. We are full timers and wanted all of the above.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:20 AM   #19

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04fxsts View Post
Realy looks like a great product, checked the web site but didn' see any prices there. Would anyone like to give some kind of price range? Jim.
Windshield Shade Package $496; includes windshield shade, installation magnets, wiper covers & telescoping rod.
Oversized windshield Package $547
Digital Print $891 (reg. price + $395 upcharge)
Designer Fabric: Sumba Mocha, Granite +$75Shipping: Windshield Package $29 Windshield Package & additional items $39
Old 02-01-2015, 07:42 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbounders View Post
Can someone explain this to me? I would think exactly the opposite: LIGHT colored shades would prevent heat buildup better than dark.

A black (or dark colored) shade mounted on the front of the coach, outside the windshield, sitting in the sun is going to get VERY hot. And since the windshield is single-pane, it isn't very good at preventing the transfer of that heat from the dark, hot shade into the inside of the coach.

A white shade mounted on the front of the coach shouldn't get as hot... and therefore wouldn't transfer as much heat into the RV.

I'd be interested to know what Roger's explanation was as to why the dark is better than white/light shade fabric.
Greetings from Colorful Colorado once again!!!! I certainly do not understand the physics on this but I do know that the dark shades function very well. Its almost like having a additional air conditioner without any A/C running noise.

After purchasing the outside shades for the windshield and side cockpit windows we purchased a set of interior side window shades - the DW wanted something to control the bright light and heat at times while motoring on down the road. They also work very well for that purpose but still prefer on having the exterior shades while camping. They work best on the exterior of the coach to beat the heat. Great product and customer support and no I do not work for Magna Shade I just am happy with their product. Regards!!! ers
ERStarck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 05:43 PM   #21
gjw

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Magna Shades and Pacemaker

Anybody know of any issues with the Magna Shades and a pacemaker? There website mentions that there could be issues with medical devices.

Any idea what size/thickness the magnets are? How strong they might be?
2020 Chevy Equinox Premier 2.0T 2LZ FWD
gjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:36 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
They are very strong. About 1 inch diameter and 3/4 inch thick.
Stronger than standard magnets.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:02 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjw View Post
Anybody know of any issues with the Magna Shades and a pacemaker? There website mentions that there could be issues with medical devices.

Any idea what size/thickness the magnets are? How strong they might be?
From there FAQs

336-753-0905
INFO@MAGNESHADE.COM

IF YOU HAVE A MEDICALLY IMPLANTED DEVICE, PLEASE READ:
IF YOU HAVE A MEDICALLY IMPLANTED DEVICE PLEASE CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN OR THE MANUFACTURER OF THE DEVICE IN REGARDS TO HANDLING STRONG MAGNETS. WE SUGGEST YOU DO THIS BEFORE ORDERING OUR PRODUCT OR ANY PRODUCTS USING STRONG NEODYMIUM MAGNETS. PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE WITH ANY QUESTIONS.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 09:26 PM   #24

Let me state that I am an RN but my advice is based on personal experience.
I have a pacemaker and while my husband and I installed the magnets, I kept them away from my pacemaker. No problem. If you are concerned though, I'd have a friend help install and the person with the pacemaker supervise.

Generally, you must have the magnets almost on top of pacemakers or defibrillators to interrupt the device so just being cognitive to keep the magnets away from the device is ok.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:30 AM   #25

I went ahead and placed my order.
For the front, driver, and passenger windows it came out to just shy of $1000 out the door.
The front curtains worked pretty well in the ACE. I just did not like being isolated from the outside world. I am excited to likewise see how much heat is cut down by having the MagneShades installed during the summer months.

EricGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:44 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
We have the front shade. I'm thinking of ordering side shades and tire covers before summer. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1422967466.374638.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	85038
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 04:57 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
We have the front shade. I'm thinking of ordering side shades and tire covers before summer. Attachment 85038
Let me guess...you are a Falcons fan?

EricGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:14 AM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGT View Post
...I am excited to likewise see how much heat is cut down by having the MagneShades installed during the summer months.
You will be extremely happy with the difference. That will be especially true if you get stuck pointed to the east or west.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote