Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2016, 09:36 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Question For Happy Camper Users

I've been having issues with tank sensor readings which I suspect are the result of dirty sensors. Having read lots of good things about "Happy Camper" tank treatment - I purchased a jar of the "Happy Camper Extreme" tank treatment.

I've read the instructions on the container ... but figured I'd ask if anybody has a process when using this stuff that they swear by? It certainly ain't cheap - anybody care to share any tips on how to get the best performance when using it?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2016, 10:20 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Norman, I've been using the regular Happy Camper for 15 years but never needed the Extreme. I would just follow their instructions.

Once the problem is cleared, then go back to the regular HC at about.50 per application!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:43 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I also use the regular, not extreme. What I do is to take a red solo cup and mix the HC well before pouring it down the toilet. That's it. I buy the big tub and get the most bang for the buck. I don't dump until tank is at least 3/4 full most of the time, fill it for 2 min and retreat with HC. Works for me. No clogs, no smells and no problems for several years since I started using it.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:02 PM   #4

Norman,
I had trouble with tank sensors years ago and was directed to HC Extreem. You're right about it being pricey but I can tell you, if you follow the instructions to add it into the tank and go for a drive like it reccomenends, it will do the job. At least it did for me and I've been a HC Regular user since.
Don't be shy about going for a Long Twisty drive. I think that's part of the secret.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:21 PM   #5

I just got a tub of Happy Camper. Instructions said “ one scoop (scoop included) of HC mixed with gallon of water...” my tub didn’t come with a scoop so I need to know the amount of a scoop.
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 02:35 PM   #6

My scoop was buried about 2or3 inches into the tub. Good stuff!!
kennjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddndee View Post
I just got a tub of Happy Camper. Instructions said “ one scoop (scoop included) of HC mixed with gallon of water...” my tub didn’t come with a scoop so I need to know the amount of a scoop.
Guessing,bout a tablespoon.
But, I think the instructions say one ounce per Fourty Gallons.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190729_193235.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	255164