Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #1

R V Direct

I have finally decided on the class C I am purchasing (Sunseeker) and have started getting prices from local dealers. Presently the local delaers are 10-12K higher than the same RV at R V Direct (Albany). The extended maintenance agreement (exact samr plan and company) is 1000 less at R V Direct and the deductible is 50 as opposed to 100. I ran searches on R V Direct on this site and others. Some of the information is dated and people usually are more prone to complain about a company than report when they are satisfied. This site seems to have the most experienced RVers and helpful when commenting on subjects. I would appreciate any and all comments concerning dealings with R V Direct.

Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Here's a link to some previous threads which may assist.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Rv+d...earch=irv2.com

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #3

Take the pricing you got from RV Direct to your local dealers and tell them to match it. There is no reason they can't.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #4

Evergreen Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by az99 View Post
Take the pricing you got from RV Direct to your local dealers and tell them to match it. There is no reason they can't.
x2.

on a side note , I did that with Northtrail rv in Fort Lauderdale and they where $ 10 k more and would not come down so I went to Lazy day's and they where more then happy to sell me @ that price some will and some wont that are looking to make big money on every sale
Old 12-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to rebane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Z View Post
I have finally decided on the class C I am purchasing (Sunseeker) and have started getting prices from local dealers. Presently the local delaers are 10-12K higher than the same RV at R V Direct (Albany). The extended maintenance agreement (exact samr plan and company) is 1000 less at R V Direct and the deductible is 50 as opposed to 100. I ran searches on R V Direct on this site and others. Some of the information is dated and people usually are more prone to complain about a company than report when they are satisfied. This site seems to have the most experienced RVers and helpful when commenting on subjects. I would appreciate any and all comments concerning dealings with R V Direct.

Thanks
I bought a Jayco from them at Albany 7 years ago - it was a very good deal and experience. They now have a shop in Orlando, FL
rebane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #6

Bought a motorhome from RV Direct in Albany 7 years ago. Very easy and good to do business with. It is a family owned and run business started many years ago. It is currently run by the founders sons.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
This past August I purchased a 2008 Holiday Rambler Navigator class A diesel pusher. I had a wonderful experienced and would highly recommend them. They were very easy to deal with and their after sale service was very good. They followed through with everything that they promised.

The owners are very hands on and responsive. Buy from them, you wont regret it.

Feel free to contact me directly if you would like additional information.

Stuart & Leslie
Old 12-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #8

They just purchased their fifth dealership. They now own what had been Bates RV in Tampa. So they now have Albany, Buffalo, Orlando, Des Moines, and Tampa. The three Stollo brothers run the operation. They have been excellent to deal with.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:58 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Z View Post
I have finally decided on the class C I am purchasing (Sunseeker) and have started getting prices from local dealers. Presently the local delaers are 10-12K higher than the same RV at R V Direct (Albany). The extended maintenance agreement (exact samr plan and company) is 1000 less at R V Direct and the deductible is 50 as opposed to 100. I ran searches on R V Direct on this site and others. Some of the information is dated and people usually are more prone to complain about a company than report when they are satisfied. This site seems to have the most experienced RVers and helpful when commenting on subjects. I would appreciate any and all comments concerning dealings with R V Direct. Thanks
One thing to consider is who will service the motorhome under warranty. An important decision, since usually during the first year the bugs will have to be worked out.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 319DSF View Post
One thing to consider is who will service the motorhome under warranty. An important decision, since usually during the first year the bugs will have to be worked out.
RVOne (part of RVDirect) with their 5 stores will all service your motorhome under warranties.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #11

We purchased our motorhome from them and picked it up in Albany. The initial sales phase went very smoothly, and we liked the internet salesperson we were dealing with, who happened to be based in Albany. While we were waiting for the factory to deliver, the salesperson resigned, and we started to deal with the sales manager. It became a whole different experience, and we were very happy to finalize the deal and never have to talk to her again. Your results may vary.

We believe we got an excellent price, and because it was a factory order, we got just what we were looking for. The walk-through when we picked up the MH was excellent. They took their time, and answered all of our questions.

Aside from the sales manager, the only issue, which wasn't RVDirect's fault, was that the factory delivered late, so we had to change our vacation plans.
FinsUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:49 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by az99 View Post
I do not understand this type of attitude. Your dealer will not give you a fair deal so you "black mail" them with a price from another dealer that wants to earn your business.

I guess I'm just "old school" when it comes to a hand shake.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 319DSF View Post
Bought in New York last year, different dealer. ALL Warranty work was done local by a Local RV repair shop. Newmar covered ALL warranty cost. Check with BOTH your local shop shop and the RV manufacturer to see if this would work for you. This worked well for us.
cc8375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:47 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
[QUOTE=rvbmw1;1893294]I do not understand this type of attitude. Your dealer will not give you a fair deal so you "black mail" them with a price from another dealer that wants to earn your business.

Hi, Rob:

I respectfully disagree. When we purchased our MH last year, we called the dealer we bought from when we bought our first RV four years ago. We were interested in a specific model, and it turns out he did have one on the lot. He asked what prices I was looking at online. He said he'd match the lowest price, which they did. They would rather keep our business by matching prices than lose us as a customer. They gave us a fair price on our trade. As a result of their sales practices, we have recommended them many times, and talk of them highly. We have sent many friends their way over the last four years, and they know we've done so. I would rather shop locally and have that personal relationship if we can.

We took our MH in yesterday for some warranty work, and they are always kind, easy to deal with and respond promptly when we have questions or issues.

I don't look at it as black mail, just a chance to do business with you. If they can't match the price, that's OK, but I prefer to give them the opportunity. Thankfully, all parties to the sale/trade were happy.

By the way, I love the Entegra motor coaches. It's what my ACE wants to be when it grows up!

virginiamtns is offline   Reply With Quote