Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Radio no sound

Trip a breaker on Sunday, went to turn on radio had no sound, is there a fuse or reset on radio, and would tripping the breaker have anything to do with the speakers? On shore power right now , could the battery for the engine be low to cause this? Thanks Sea Grouch

Seagrouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
What kind of RV(Rig) do you have? On mine, hook to shore power, i still have to make sure the coach batterys are connected with a switch by the door! I'm assuming you are talking about the indash radio!

Doug & Darlene Morgan RVM96 & Abby Gabby(pooch)
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination"Hickory,NC
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you mean the in-dash radio there are at the minimum two fuses, likely 3 or 4, Plus the radio may not be the only device you need concern yourself with.

On my dash radio.. I had power issues, Never did find the bad connection but I bypassed it so got solid power now.

But I still had audio cut out (only now the radio stayed on) I traced it down to an area where there is a high power stereo amplifier (The same speakers are used by the home theater, which is high power, and thus they need the power amp to make 'em work) Was trying to figure out how to get it to a position I could work on it when I found a relay box.. The Relay box had half a dozen or so RCA (phono) connectors (This is a push on type coxial connector) that were all nice and tight.

What it took me a few hours to figure out is there are also two MOLEX conenctors.. I knew the relay was working because I heard it switch when I turned the key on.

Touched one of the molex connectors (These are big, usually milky colored, plastic, multi pin connectors) and it was nice and tight (Home theater out goes to this one)

Touched the other.. It moved, I heard a SNAP as the lock tabs on the molex connector snapped home and

Sound Glorious Sound, Sound from all the speakes (Well 2/3 of 'em) Sound glorious sound, System it was working.

I have not driven since that date... But I'm a bit over 99% sure I got it.

My rig is a Damon Intruder and all this stuff is in back of the parking brake pedal on my rig... YOURS.. Likely different,.
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote