Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #1

Rear window blown out?

We are new to rving. Just bought our brand new winnebago view a few months ago and were going to start our first trip in a few days. I went out today to move the rig and when I closed my cab door, the rear window on the back slide blew out!! Anyone ever heard of that happening. I can't believe closing the cab door would increase the pressure enough to blow out a window??? It broke out a ragged hole about a foot in diameter. Shattered it to pieces. The frame is still intact. Just the glass blew out.
Dtbriten is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Wow, that's a new one! I doubt the moho is that air tight, so maybe the glass was compromised by a small crack or something. I assume you're still under warranty, so I hope the dealer will fix it for you ASAP. Good luck.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:30 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Prolly a crack during install or manufacture flaw.. Either way, warranty should fix.

Had a rear window on a Dodge Ram completely shatter while going over railroad tracks once.. Dodge covered it.
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:39 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had a car window do that once. I just closed it and bam, in a million pieces. Best guess would be some sort of defect and the closing of the door was the tipping point.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #5

So winnebago is overnighting another window for us. Now the check engine light is on and we have to take it to a freight liner trucking company to have that checked. Someday maybe we will be able to use our brand new motorhome!! I guess it's good to get out the kinks when it's still under warranty???
Dtbriten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:38 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtbriten View Post
So winnebago is overnighting another window for us. Now the check engine light is on and we have to take it to a freight liner trucking company to have that checked. Someday maybe we will be able to use our brand new motorhome!! I guess it's good to get out the kinks when it's still under warranty???
When we got our coach new we had several problems and was very disappointed that a new coach could incur all that, But once those were corrected all is running smooth as expected. Lucky all was in the warranty period.

Good Luck
N6CUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:19 AM   #7

That is the second best part about buying slightly used. The best part is -- not paying as much depreciation!
MikeandClaudia is offline   Reply With Quote