Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2006, 06:53 AM   #1

I have a 2004 Norcold model 1200LRIM 4 door with ice maker and cannot get any panel lights to come on D/C or gas. I'm getting power to both the botton and top unit. I tested the a/c plug. I tested both the 5 and 15 fuses, they are good. I tested to see that I was gettng elec across the terminals, they are okay. The batteries seem okay all the lights work as well as the slides. I called Norcold and no help. Any suggestions. Is this typical of a control module going out? s/Toby

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2006, 06:53 AM   #2

I have a 2004 Norcold model 1200LRIM 4 door with ice maker and cannot get any panel lights to come on D/C or gas. I'm getting power to both the botton and top unit. I tested the a/c plug. I tested both the 5 and 15 fuses, they are good. I tested to see that I was gettng elec across the terminals, they are okay. The batteries seem okay all the lights work as well as the slides. I called Norcold and no help. Any suggestions. Is this typical of a control module going out? s/Toby

Old 06-06-2006, 01:39 PM   #3

I can't give you a direct answer to your question except that 12 volt power is clearly not reaching the lights on the panel. I suppose it is possible that the panel has gone bad.

You might try Bryant RV web site. Go to the service documents section and you can download the tech service manual for your fridge. Chris Bryant is a participant on this and other forums and has posted the manuals for our access. He runs a service business in Florida and can probably supply any parts you need, or at least direct you to a source.

Hope this at least gives you a starting point.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:56 PM   #4

I'm sure you have checked this but just in case, the house battery cutoff switch must be on. I found this out the hard way.. good luck

2005 Itasca Horizon, 40AD, 2005 Chevy Silverado
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:01 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Toby, does the inside fresh food light come on when you open the door? Have you removed the control panel at the door and checked the connections? If these are good the chances are that the control board is bad but I would have to refer to a schematic to verify that 12 volt power is present on the correct wires to be sure. Usually if the light comes on then the board is bad. If you however have a fault code then we need to address that. Let us know.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:33 AM   #6

I'm not getting any lights at all to the box or panel switches. Batt switch is on. I rung out the wires up to the black box at the back of the unit and they are hot. also I'm Getting power to the fuse panel. I'm afraid I'm going to have to get someone to look at it. Heading to Miami this morning for class reunion, so we'll have to eat span on bread until we can get someone to look at it. It worked fine on our last trip about 3 weeks ago. I have had a rat problem, but I got that sucker. Hope she didn't get a wire. Tnx for the advice s/Toby