Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-08-2015, 07:29 PM   #1
Fleetwood Owners Club
Refinancing Essex credit Costco

Looking for advice on a purchase will try to explain.

1. I want to purchase a new rv and the discount is 40 percent . The deal is excellent and I am ready to buy now

2. I have a trade and the dealer is low balling of course and states they are losing so they want to make it up on the trade.
3. Even if I accepted their offer they want 10 percent down and right now I am not liquid.
4. I will soon have access to a HELOC that is large enough to purchase the rv outright plus have some left over to help with the negative equity on the sale of the trade.
5. I would be in possession of two motor homes at once.

6. As soon as I rehab and sell the trade I would like to refinance through Costco and pay off the HELOC and convert to traditional
Recreational loan

I just paid off my mortgage early this year and my only debt is the 2006 Bounder. No other debt, no cc , no car payments. I owe 50k and think I can sell it for 45k ish.

My credit is solid 800 and my debt to income ration is small and liquidity is improving rapidly

My question is the new rv would not have a lien , would the Essex bank draft a check to me or the bank(HELOC)in exchange for a lien? Long term I don't want an rv loan on a HELOC.

I know it's safer to sell the old one first and I would if I was ordering or getting 25 percent off, but with the additional 15 percent off of 300k I think it's worth the gamble. Thoughts? Again I don't want an rv loan long term on a HELOC.

connor2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2015, 06:58 AM   #2
No credit cards to use for a temporary advance for the down?

1999 HR Endeavor 37WDS
Handicapped Lift Equiped
Bad Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:22 AM   #3
Fleetwood Owners Club
Originally Posted by Bad Bolt View Post
No credit cards to use for a temporary advance for the down?
I only have one credit card for emergency and it does not have a large enough to credit line. Plus I don't want open any new lines until the HELOC closes.

the question is would the bank consider this a used loan buying from a private part (buying from myself) or refinance ?
connor2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 05:09 PM   #4
connor2002, if you use your HELOC to buy the RV the dealer will process the title work in your name and, even though you may have not received the title, it will be considered a refinance and the proceeds will be funded directly to you.
DLoy1324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 04:12 PM   #5
Beware that if the Rv depreciates depending how long it takes you to refi it's possible they will ask for another down payment.
2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V
Tha_Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 04:59 PM   #6
Essex does title loans. I paid cash for my RV to speed up the process then got a title loan. All the same interest and terms as buying it with a loan.
Craig and Jessica | RV Rookies | 2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35K| Tampa, FL
Car54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:37 PM   #7
Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
We have used Essex to refi a rig we had a few years ago, and outright finance on a rig we bought in March. Good people, good rates.....pretty slow getting things done. "Approval "comes quick as advertised....tons of paperwork and a long time to actually get the check. Then the actual loan is with Bank of the West.

Bank of the West has the worse telephone customer service that you will ever experience. Not just me saying that, look it up for yourself on App " Talk to a Human".

You save the money, but do not expect anything beyond their computer telephone system. Getting the old loan release after the loan was paid off took .6 weeks. Thank goodness we had a wonderful, patient, buyer.

2007 Newmar KSDP. 3912
2010 Nissan Frontier SE
DGBPokes is offline   Reply With Quote