Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2010, 07:23 PM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
I've had really good luck with Camco's Black Streak Remover. Available at Wally World for about $5 or $6. It's a spray. I spray it on the bugs, wait 2 or 3 minutes and then wash the windshield and/or front end. It appears to really loosen up "stuff". Instructions say you should wash it off shortly there after. I've found in the process of scrubbing and rinsing things come out pretty clean. I use it on my cars too - especially before taking it to a car wash
lpasekof is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #30

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I always keep a good coat of spray wax on the front. Lots of ways to remove those love bugs. Getting them right off every day is a must because of the acid in their smashed little bodies. If you have good wax on the front a little windex takes them right off, Pledge also works, Pam works but leaves a mess, almost any cleaner will work getting them off if done soon enough, just don't forget to re-spray some wax back on the front, that is why Pledge works so well there is wax in it.
IRVTrekin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:02 AM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
I use Walmart's bug removing windshield washer. I keep some in a spray bottle. At the end of the day I spray the front of the coach, let it sit for a couple of minutes, then wash the bugs off with clear water and a soft brush. Works like a charm. I tried other brands of washer fluid, but Walmart's works the best so far.
I have to credit my buddy Don for this idea.
artmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:48 AM   #32

Send a message via AIM to Fossilhog
Here's something I've learned from owning motorcycles. Cleaning the plastic windshield with a cleaner is a no no. Instead, I take a towel with warm water and hold it agains the bug (s) and they disintergrate. On the RV I've found a good coat of wax and a strong stream of a hose works well.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:07 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Bug Removal

The best thing I have found is the black streak remover. Just spray it on, let is soak for about a minute and wash it off.
J. Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:00 AM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Due to the water restrictions, I have used a couple of waterless car wash products that are out there. They work well. I have also sometimes used some water from a bucket only to help soften the bugs, but the trick is to get them off daily, not let them get baked on for weeks.