Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2016, 08:51 AM   #1

Renegade Verona

Does anybody have one? What do you think? I'm not liking the fit and finish on the new Senecas and Renegade looks to be a step up.
Joe II is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2016, 07:38 PM   #2

Verona LE looks even better

Went to the RV Show in Tampa a couple of months ago. The new Verona LE looks really good. Am thinking of purchasing.
Renegade George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 07:26 AM   #3

I saw the Verona at a show this past February and was also surprised at the fit and finish being a bit drab.

2009 Fleetwood Expedition 38F
2013 Scion XB toad

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 12-11-2016, 08:45 AM   #4

Cool 2016 Renegade Verona

Purchased a 2016 Renegade Verona the first of November 2016. We looked at Newmar, Newell, all the big nice boys but found we do not want marble, tile, mirrors on ceiling, rope lighting. The Renegade is on a Freightliner M2 chassis with a 20,000 towing capacity, Cummins 350HP ISL9 engine & Allison TRV3200 transmission, full body exterior paint. The solid maple cabinetry, full size residential refrigerator are perfect. AGS Magnum power and 2000 watt inverter, gas furnace AND heat pump. Beautiful rig with all high quality components.
philmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 08:28 AM   #5

Updates

Please keep this thread going with updates. I really want to here about your experiences with the Verona, especially if there's anything that I can order differently. We're hoping to get the VBH next fall and want to make the most informed decision possible. I'm most interested in how it handles the cross winds while pulling a trailer, it seems like they build a really good product.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:58 PM   #6

Took delivery of my new Verona 36 in Oct. Only have just under 2000 miles so early to draw any mechanical conclusions but so far everything is superb. Fit and finish is very good, really have no issues at all. Cab is a little Spartan and the seats could stand to have a little more capability to adjust. The M2 drives very nicely with and average of about 10MPG. I very much like the longer wheelbase on the 36'. The DX-3 honestly does not come close from a quality perspective to the Verona. The Renegade is worth the extra money for sure IMO.
ragoodspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 07:03 AM   #7

Thanks for the update. These are ALOT of money, I want to make sure I make the right decision.
Old 12-13-2016, 07:39 AM   #8

JoeII.....Renegades are a lot of money for sure but you must really look at what you are getting....Cummins ISL vs. like Jayco that puts the ISB in their Seneca M2's. 13000 lb front axle in the Verona vs's the DX-3 that uses a 12000 lb front axle. Full air brakes in the Renegade vs's hydraulic with a boost on some M2's and all F-550. Renegade has full steel storage bins vs's plastic in most competitors. Renegade utilizes much longer wheel bases in their coaches vs's Dynamax that uses shorter wheelbases to help with the lighter rated front axles. I could go on and on but trust me there are significant differnces in any Forest River, Thor of Winnebago products compaered to the Renegade, Showhauler or HaulMark. Thanks
Old 12-14-2016, 06:54 AM   #9

We've made up our minds that Verona is the way to go. I don't see any posts about people complaining about workmanship or cheap 3rd party products that don't hold up, the way I do with other manufactures. Now its just a matter of when to take the plunge. We have a Seneca now and it does fine but now that we have kids bunk beds are a must. If we're going to spend this much money why not pay a bit more and get the quality. I do appreciate the updates it helps cement in my mind that it's worth the extra money, and makes me feel like I'm making an informed decision.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:53 AM   #10

Joe ll......I would have to say it is just to early for me to pass honest judgment on the durability of any of the hardware utilized in the Verona since I really have not had a chance to use the coach much and now the poor thing is sitting in this artic freeze and looks like and ice cake! I will say all of the hardware is of much better quality compared to the Monaco products I have had in the past. I just appreciate the small stuff like the double latches on the bulk head doors that makes them fit very tight with no wetness what's so ever in the bulkheads after the heavy rain we have had. I like the finish of the woodwork in that it is just not stapled up like most coaches, I like the fact that I have no rattles or squeaks like I have had with all of my other coaches. I have yet to find anything loose or installed incorrectly and I have been over the coach from top to bottom. The only issue I have is the lack of storage bins, cubbys or whatever in the cab area and I have found nothing on the web to address cab storage. You do hear that big ISL in the cab, no where near as quite as a DP but at 65MPH it smooth's out and hits its sweet spot. The cab seats are comfortable with the air suspension but I do think for the money they could find better seating options that would give driver/passenger more control over the seat positioning. I am a very critical individual and to date the Verona surpasses my expectations. best of luck.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:33 PM   #11

Just signing for a Renegade Verona VBH. Should have it next week. I am really excited about this step up (from a Thor Ace 29.2).

The driving experience is what sold me, as we do a few decently long trips 14-16 hours each way a year, and lots of smaller ones.

I am also looking for a center console or option for more spacing/holding in the cab area.

The one thing I was disappointed about though was the mattress on the master bed. It's awful. Soft and I could feel the springs poking through it. Was kind of stunned in comparison to the rest of the coach which is fantastic in fit and feel. Anyone else have issues with the mattress or changed it out?
manike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 01:19 PM   #12

I picked up our Verona 36 VSB about 2 weeks ago. have put about 1200 miles on it and will mimic what everyone else says.

No squeaks or rattles, I think it's quieter in the cab than our old Kodiak based 8.1 Gas Class C.

I also miss storage in the cab area.

To the OP, I'm not sure the 36 has a bunk option ? You might have to go to the 40' model.
deputybubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:59 AM   #13

Folks:

I found over on the jayco forum site a great console addition that I highly recommend to gain valuable cab storage space...Build5fab.com has a custom built unit that is all stell, looks great and has nicely placed storage spaces....a little pricey at $385 but worth every cent and made here in the US. Look them up.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:10 AM   #14

I have seen this storage addition, and it does solve the storage problem.

BUT - this space under the existing cup holders would displace the pups from that area... much as we try they want to be near us..

Thanks for the link , others may love that idea.
deputybubba is offline   Reply With Quote