Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #1

rep/conv. on electric control box circuit breaker

What does this mean? Also, why might it be tripped and not reset for me. I have a 2008 Forest River Lexington with 6000 miles, I just purchased. We are on our maiden voyage and it was working when we bought it and during our dry run in the backyard a couple weeks ago. Not sure if related but my entertainment area above the cab lost it's power but the fuses look good. Any ideas? Thanks
sciguy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2011, 08:32 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Are you asking what do the words "rep/conv." mean when found on a circuit breaker?

"Conv" might refer to a power converter, the unit that converts 120v power to 12v and also charges batteries. Not sure about "rep" though.

If a breaker trips and won't reset, there is probably a continuous overload on the circuit. Have you tried resetting it while shore power is disconnected or turned off (and no generator either).

If it won't reset with no power in the coach, I would replace the breaker.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:42 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Rep might mean receptacle. If so, it should have been abbreviated "recp." In other words, the circuit breaker protect a conductor circuit for receptacles and the converter as Gary has mentioned.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:51 AM   #4

Thanks gentlemen. I think it is recp but it's written rep. I have no outlets on the bed and front and it does appear that my batteries are not charging so I think that follows. When I am off power the breaker still trips so I think it may be the breaker. I'm hoping to get it checked this week.
sciguy6 is offline   Reply With Quote