Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2016, 08:57 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Repair of brand-new 2016 Suncruiser LCD GPS monitor

First, let me say that Riverpark electronics is awesome!

My wife and took delivery of brand new 2016 Winnebago Suncruiser 38Q. The floor plan was awesome and perfect for our needs. The date that we picked it up, the LCD GPS monitor had just been replaced as the original monitor had been cracked presumably while the coach was on display. The dealer replaced the monitor using epoxy. I thought that sounded odd.

As it turns out, the brand new monitor broke on our trip back from Las Vegas in Texarkana Texas. Too many bumps in the road. After inability to get help from the dealer in a timely manner, I called Riverpark, who sent a monitor to me overnight.

In the meantime, I had removed the dash from the Winnebago and discovered that the dealer replaced monitor indeed had been epoxied to the plastic dash and all 4 mounting bolts had been epoxied to the back of the monitor. 1 of these had fractured.

so I decided to hopefully improve the design by providing at least minimal shock protection by enlarging the existing mounting holes and placing rubber grommets before replacing the new monitor. Pictures below show the work.

The new monitor fits much better, as you can imagine. No epoxy to make asymmetry as previously existed. So far with this new set up, everything is golden.

Pictures show in #1, the back of the dash cover. One of the screws was completely loose.

#2 shows epoxy build up at screw base. This accounted for the abnormal cant of the dealer replaced monitor. All epoxy had to be removed.

#3 shows grommet placement.

#4 shows monitor placement in cleaned up part with grommets in place (pic taken on kitchen table).

#5 is out of order, but shows the epoxy build up and fractured screw that was attached to the monitor. Still not sure why the dealer had to epoxy the screws back into the rear of the monitor. My replacement from River park has secure mounting screws in place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160610_031817773_iOS.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	279.4 KB
ID:	130167   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160610_032200552_iOS.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	130168  

Name:	20160611_173920765_iOS.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	130169   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160613_224918016_iOS.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	242.6 KB
ID:	130170  

Name:	20160610_032237902_iOS.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	130171  
Jpcoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2016, 09:02 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the information, I hope it works out well for you.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:12 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks. Time will tell.
Jpcoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:24 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A year almost has passed. So far, so good.

Tags
repair, gps, suncruiser