Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-27-2009, 09:54 AM   #1
Monaco Owners Club
Replace main TV

The main TV in the Front on my Sea Breeze LX is acting up and I'm afraid It is going to need to be replaced. Was curious as to whether anyone else has replaced on and what kinds of problems were encountered...

tuthpick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2009, 04:20 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am sure you will enjoy the website and forums. Good luck and keep us posted.
There are many ways one can replace a TV. Once you have the trim off, you will be able to see how it is secured. Are you going to put a tube type tv or flat panel back in?

Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:46 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner

Here is the mod I did several years ago. I later removed the front 26" HD TV because it was too small for me. I then added a 32" Sony Bravia. Here is the thread for that.

There are many more updates on this iRV2 forum. Type in "TV upgrades" or such, in the search box at the beginning page--

Good luck-- If you have any questions send me a Private Message (PM)
Max H,
2002 Newmar Mountain Aire, 37', 3778, W-22, 8.1 Vortac, Ultra Power upgrade, CAI (cold air intake), Taylor wires, colder plugs, Koni shocks.
Max Hubrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:01 PM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi tuthpick1. We have replaced the CRT in our 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N coach with a 32" Best Buy brand LCD TV. If interested photos of that & other projects at: Picasa Web Albums - Terry & Bev + Cookie
Terry & Bev:
2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N - Workhorse Chassis - Toad 2008 Ford TaurusX -
FMCA 261771 - USAF 1956/76 Retired.
pace89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:10 PM   #5
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Welcome to the forum...
Nothing is impossible to repair on a m/h. patience is the most important part of any modification. i replaced a crt in an '04 georgetown; i just had to keep removing parts until i tipped it out. it was very heavy so have help to remove it. my hardest task was getting it trimmed out have a good looking finished job.
good luck
safe journeys
JOE.. LEO(ret.)-active USCGAUX-
ck. our website:www.overmountainsams.com
skipwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:00 AM   #6
I replaced the 27" CRT Panasonic with a 32" LCD Sharp in our '05 Bounder. I lucked out, the hole where the CRT was is a perfect match for the larger LCD to fit in. I had to do no trimming or anything, it slid right in. However, I did install a bracket on each side of the hole to prevent the LCD from sliding back. Replaced the bezel and it looks like Fleetwood installed it.

On the other hand, a friend replaced his and there was major cabinet work needed to be done. So I guess each rig is going to be different.
Paul - WA1IWH

Margaret - She who must be obeyed.
Tincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:55 AM   #7

National RV Owners Club
We replaced both TV's in our 99 Tradewinds. There weren't many problems because we also replaced the VCR with DVD's and connected to the TV via HDMI.
The woodworking might be the greatest challenge for the average guy because of lack of tools to do finish cabinet making. But if you can do some woodworking and replace the VCR then it's a fun project.
Here are some pictures of our new TV's.
TV Upgrades - Windows Live
1999 Tradewinds 7372 Cat 3126
Albuquerque, NM
Theberrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:34 PM   #8
great work, now you guys got me thinking maybe I should change my front tv, as any body changed the front tv on a 06 discovery, I would like to get a biger tv in theyre, any sugestions?
ninos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:33 PM   #9

I took out both front and back tvs. Then I purchased two 32" HD tvs that I could use both in the house and in the MH. They weight about 40# each so they are easy to carry back and forth. They travel on the bed and then we set one up on the front dash and the other one on a shelf in the bedroom. I then had some doors made and installed them over the holes left by the tvs, creating more storage space.
Meandering Retiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:05 PM   #10
Monaco Owners Club
Since you have a National product go to the National forum and search on LCD TV or on Replace TV. There are several postings some with pictures. We were able to replace the front 27 inch RCA TV with a 32 in Sharp which just fit with no cutting of the existing wood trim. All I had to do was fabricate a good solid mount. The hardest part was getting the old RCA out as it was very heavy and required two people.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)
2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ , ISL 400
2014 Ford Explorer toad
bdpreece is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:41 PM   #11
I changed out my 19" with a 26" LCD HD. I used a double articulated arm. Works great. I finished out the old box and use it for storing DVDs and maps.

Looks GREAT! And what is even better, the DW is happy with it. Whew!!

Traveling America In
"God's Grace"
MikeandClaudia is offline   Reply With Quote