Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2008, 07:40 AM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We want to replace the bedroom blinds in our motorhome they are the metal slat type that used to be called "venetian" the problem is there is a valance around the blind and I can't figure out how to get the blind out with out removing the cover that i don't want to remove
any suggestions?
Bob N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2008, 07:40 AM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We want to replace the bedroom blinds in our motorhome they are the metal slat type that used to be called "venetian" the problem is there is a valance around the blind and I can't figure out how to get the blind out with out removing the cover that i don't want to remove
any suggestions?
Bob N Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:43 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't know what kink of rig you've got but I've done this before. The valance has to be removed-- that is a fairly easy job. There are usually a few screws holding each one on . Use a #2 square bit screwdriver to remove the screws.

Good luck,
Old 03-30-2008, 09:15 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Max is right, you will have to remove the valence. If you don't have the #2 pan bit screwdriver, you should go to lowes and buy one. We have done ours, its not that big a deal.

good luck

Callsign: KD8W
hamdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:45 PM   #5

I agree with Max and Dave. Find the screws holding the valences in place. Once they are removed it is a piece of cake...

When we got our 2005 Daybreak (last November with only 2503 miles on it) the first thing that needed to be done was to measure up for new Day / Night shades. We caught a sale thru Camping World and did the entire rig (even the little one by the kitchen sink) for about $400.00.
tokruys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:56 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
While it is a lot easier to install new blinds with the valance removed, you should be able to remove the existing blinds without removing the valance. Usually, there are two clips that hold the blind in place. You may have to feel around and use a flashlight to get a closer look. i know they're there because I've done what you're trying to do.

Keep in mind, the manufacturer puts the blinds in after the valancea are installed so that means it can be done. If all else fails, call the dealer and/or the manufacturer to see how to release the blinds. Best of luck.

Jack