Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2016, 05:51 PM   #1

Replacing couch with new "L" shaped one-help?

I did a search but wasn't able to fine any posts or pictures of anyone who has done this. I thought sometime back there were some. We want to take out both side facing couches in our 06 Beaver Marquis and put in one recliner and a "L" shaped couch peforbably with a forward facing recliner in the "L". We have 76 inches to work with. I would think several RVers would like to look into this. Thanks in advance for any assistance in our search.

Safe travel all

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2016, 06:09 PM   #2

Following this one

Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:09 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I can tell you my sister just took out a 76" "L" shaped sofa from her coach to make more room. It was a brand new Southwind. They found a company that sold (I believe a Flexsteel replacement) locally and bought just the straight sofa. They wanted to add a recliner and in a smaller coach, they needed the "L" sofa out to fit the recliner.

To my surprise, the sofa dealer (Riverside California) gave them a huge trade in on their new "L" sofa. So people are adding and selling them.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:38 PM   #4

Here are some pics that I recently installed in my 96 Bounder. Not that difficult to do, hardest part was finding a decent one without breaking the bank.

Thanks
Adam
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160306_152430054_HDR.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	292.9 KB
ID:	121812   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160306_152441350_HDR.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	121813  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160306_152529356_HDR.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	218.3 KB
ID:	121814  
Old 03-20-2016, 05:10 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Replacing couch with new "L" shaped one-help?

Bradd and Hall are one supplier. https://www.braddandhall.com/productcart/pc/home.asp

Check under the existing couches and make sure there are no hidden compartments carrying heater hoses, wire looms, plumbing/gas lines, etc. Sometimes manufacturers will use the space under furniture/cabinets to run those types of things.

I wanted to replace my passenger side couch but there are a couple of heater hoses that I have to develop a re-routing plan for- first.

Just a thought.

Brian
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:44 AM   #6

l shaped sofa

Wow looks great. The problem we have is that the current sofas fit right up to the sink on one side and a cabinet on the other side. I don't think we get a sofa as big as your into our 76 inch space. Thank you for the information. I'll check them out.

safe travels
Old 05-07-2016, 12:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrohman View Post
Here are some pics that I recently installed in my 96 Bounder. Not that difficult to do, hardest part was finding a decent one without breaking the bank.

Thanks
Adam
Adam:

Can you share or PM your resource? Does the couch fold out into a bed? And, how in the heck did you get that couch inside the coach? Thx
1996 34'J Fleetwood Bounder, Chevy 454 TBI P-32, Bank PowerPack, Ultra Power Chip, BellCranks, Rear Trac Bar, Silver Safe-T-Plus and 04 CR-V Toad, Roadmaster Base Plate and All Terain Tow Bar, SMI Stay-In-Play DUO.
leesdx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 02:21 PM   #8

I put a similar couch in my bedroom.

Bedroom remodel
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 03:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbridinger View Post
I put a similar couch in my bedroom.

Bedroom remodel
mbridinger:

WOW, that look nice and never thought of doing that mod in the bedroom. You got a deal for 300 bucks!! Is that sofa bolt down? Thx
1996 34'J Fleetwood Bounder, Chevy 454 TBI P-32, Bank PowerPack, Ultra Power Chip, BellCranks, Rear Trac Bar, Silver Safe-T-Plus and 04 CR-V Toad, Roadmaster Base Plate and All Terain Tow Bar, SMI Stay-In-Play DUO.
leesdx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:00 AM   #10

Yes, it bolts down. It does not have a bed in it. It folds flat and we put a memory foam pad on top. Everything is a compromise, we like the additional space. Sorry, I jacked this thread. My advise to the OP is keep looking for the right couch. There are tons of people taking out their couches to replace them with recliners. Be patient and you will find one. It took me about 6 months to find the right one.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:56 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbridinger View Post
Yes, it bolts down. It does not have a bed in it. It folds flat and we put a memory foam pad on top. Everything is a compromise, we like the additional space. Sorry, I jacked this thread. My advise to the OP is keep looking for the right couch. There are tons of people taking out their couches to replace them with recliners. Be patient and you will find one. It took me about 6 months to find the right one.
Flybutch: I'm sorry too , I jacked your thread. Man, just got carry away with the L sofa pix.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesdx1 View Post
Adam:

Can you share or PM your resource? Does the couch fold out into a bed? And, how in the heck did you get that couch inside the coach? Thx
I wish I had a secret source but I bought it on craigslist from a RV renovations company in Denver. (took about 3 months of searching to find one that would work)

It didn't fold into a bed when I bought it but I modified the left side (as you are looking at it) to slide out as well to make into a bed. Then I ordered a cushion and sewed some leather to fill the pull out space and topped it with a mattress topper for better comfort.

Because it is an RV couch to begin with it comes apart into 8 pcs to fit through the door.

Hope that helps

Adam
Old 05-09-2016, 05:25 PM   #13

Butch, I don't believe there is one made that has a recliner in the "L" section as it retracts into the rest of the couch for traveling. Also I have never seen one that would face forward as you asked. You option may be a residential unit, make sure it fits through the door. I would like a picture of your rig, I love Beavers.