Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2010, 08:32 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
I don't know if its magic but it is the air bed. If I toss it, how much would you give me to catch it?

The Flexsteel Magic Bed is in the form of the "jack knife" bed where one's head is oriented either toward the front of the coach or to the rear and this is the one I want.Most sofa beds position the sleeper transversly(across the coach) and this is the one I do not want! The one I need is 72 inches long MAXIMUM and covered with cloth upholstry fabric rather than the more common cream-colored plastic material.Anyone?

DIY Rear Panhard Rod
exrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2010, 06:06 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by krnlueck View Post
We replaced our carpet with Allure while we were doing that and removed the seatbelts with the intention of putting them back in once the flooring project was completed. Once we finished the flooring we decided not to replace the seatbelts because we didn't want to have the straps showing on the floor and did not want to drill holes into our pretty new flooring. We haven't yet decided exactly how to secure the chairs while traveling, but no one would sit in them anyway.

I believe we could have used the sofa seatbelts to secure the recliners for travel but they would not allow someone to safely sit in them unless you could bolt the recliners in.

You can check out my blog if you'd like to see the recliners. There are several posts labeled, "Allure Flooring"

Florida-Georgia Camping, Kayaking and Exploring
Went to your Blog. Very nice job on the floor. We have a table & 4 independant chairs from the factory for our dinett. They used nylon webbing straps & a hook for & aft in the wall to secure when traveling. You may consider this but with heavier straps than the 1" they used in ours. It has clasps on each end so the strap can be removed when not traveling.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #17

allure flooring

i looked at all your pictures and post and instructions on the allure flooring, we want to remove our sofa and put in recliners and also do the flooring. we must live close to you, we live in arlington and many of the parks are within a sort distance of us. i have been going to kolomoki mounds since i was a child. would love to see your motorhome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnlueck View Post
We also removed our sleeper sofa. The arms and back came off and it easily fit through the door.

We found two smaller recliners that are 32" w, 34" deep, and 37" high, at Haverty's Furniture in Fl. They are made by "Best" furniture. They came in two pieces and easily fit in through the RV door. Other furniture stores sell them as well, but the ones we got were made to Haverty's specs and had heavier fabric and thicker padding.

We replaced our carpet with Allure while we were doing that and removed the seatbelts with the intention of putting them back in once the flooring project was completed. Once we finished the flooring we decided not to replace the seatbelts because we didn't want to have the straps showing on the floor and did not want to drill holes into our pretty new flooring. We haven't yet decided exactly how to secure the chairs while traveling, but no one would sit in them anyway.

I believe we could have used the sofa seatbelts to secure the recliners for travel but they would not allow someone to safely sit in them unless you could bolt the recliners in.

There is a sign by our our old sofa that said not to be used when traveling. I assumed it was because the people would not have been facing forward and could have caused greater injuries in a collision.

We need our recliners to be able to move a little.

You can check out my blog if you'd like to see the recliners. There are several posts labeled, "Allure Flooring"

Florida-Georgia Camping, Kayaking and Exploring
Old 03-03-2010, 08:46 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
JeeperJohn... I can't find the brand name of the chairs. We purchased them from American Furniture in Colorado. They are a large furniture outlet in the Denver/Colorado Springs/Pueblo areas. Maybe you can Google them and find the chairs. There are a lot of other manufacturers who make similar chairs. Brad & Hall offers Flexsteel chairs which are very similar, although a bit more expensive. www.braddanhall.com As far as comfort I really like them, however my wife doesn't so I guess it's just a personal thing.

FATMANAR... We purchased the dining table chairs at a furniture outlet recommended by Beaudry RV in Tucson. When we bought the coach from them it had a booth/dinette which we didn't like. We had them remove the booth seats as part of the deal. We picked out the chairs and they paid for them, but we couldn't find a table. When we got back to Colorado I found an unfinished furniture supplier who had the table I liked and I stained and finished it too match the decor. As it were, the table I found is almost exactly like the one Fleetwood puts in at the factory if you get that option. But if you find one of your own it'll be a lot cheaper.

Elkhartjim... We advertised our large recliner chair on Craigslist last summer and a lady wanted it. When she came over to pick up the chair she saw the matching couch and wanted it also. She didn't care that it was out of an RV, meaning it didn't have a closed back and needed some type of feet made for it.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:14 AM   #19

Solo Rvers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you Bob..
Old 03-04-2010, 06:18 AM   #20

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bob, appreciate the info on the chairs. Took a look at the American Furniture Gallery site but did not find those exact chairs. We have found the Palliser models that look very nice and also found out that some Haverty's stores carry them. We are going next week (after Bike Week) to look at some at Haverty's in Daytona. Even if they don't have our exact color, will be nice to sit in one before we order on line if need be. Thanks again for your help and hope everyone keeps posting their upgrades.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:24 AM   #21

We have the same recliners, but don't use the foot rests. You can always find somewhere to rest your feet. Our only issue to date is the need for a narrow table to go between them.
Ernie

Remember! Life is not a rehearsal!
Ernie n Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:13 PM   #22

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
I found this on the web. Quite interesting and maybe would work in an RV.
Convertible Furniture: Cool Couch, Desk & Bed Designs | Designs & Ideas on Dornob
Old 03-11-2010, 05:46 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie n Tara View Post
We have the same recliners, but don't use the foot rests. You can always find somewhere to rest your feet. Our only issue to date is the need for a narrow table to go between them.
Ernie

Try this place, I bought this table to use between two recliners. The quality is amazing and the prices, there so cheap! No kidding, this is a very high quality company, we were very surprised at the quality of the wood, craftsmanship and finish.

RV Furniture Mall - ETB2 CD Holder End Table
Old 03-11-2010, 07:19 PM   #24
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
That little table is great, Jim. I've seen solid wood ones, similar but without the slide-top, in local Amish stores for twice that price. Thanks for the info.

Lori-

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote