Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #1

Reputable dealers in Eastern PA

As I continue my research prior to purchasing my first RV I would appreciate any feedback concerning dealers in Eastern PA. I realize opinions are based on personal experiences with dealers and that is one reason I am having trouble filtering what I am reading. Some reviews on dealers are done by people with obvious axes to grind while other reviews sound like the dealer themselves are commenting. This may sound like a stupid question but is there any dealer out there who has a really great reputation in the RV community?
Also it appears that when an RV is purchased at a lower price from a "National" dealer there are sometimes problems getting good repair or warranty service at a local dealer. I can understand that and was wondering how accurate that statement is, and if seasoned RVers feel that the trade-off for a lower price is worth it.

I appreciate any and all comments or opinions.

Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2013, 06:24 PM   #2

Oxymoron: "reputable dealer"!
My 2 cents

Old 08-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Any particular brand you are looking for?

Mike
2012 Jeep Liberty Limited
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #4
GG1

Winnebago Owners Club
Media Camping Center On Tyburn Road, Fairless Hills Pa, 877 GO CAMPING ask for Wayne Degan he is the general mgr, Tell Warren B sent you. I have been doing business with them for 14 yrs. Its a bare bones place no showroom no customer lounge no fancy landscaping but the deals are terrific and they really care about keeping you as a customer. I get nothing from the referral but good service. If you need more info send me a private message.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I purchased a new travel trailer in 2005 from Fretz Enterprises and had a great experience with sales and service years after.

We purchased our motorhome from Media in Fairless Hills and had a very bumpy experience. Granted the motorhome was used (but was not free) and I had a punch list of items that needed to be taken care of after delivery. Some were fixed and some were not. Would I go back? Tough call.

Make sure to get more then a 30 day warrantee and document with a email back to the dealer immediately about the deficiency.

All Season is in Easton, I have stopped by and they have always been friendly.
Bug512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What are you looking for? Maybe I can help?
Old 08-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #7

That is another dilema, I keep going back and forth with different models. I was hoping the knowledge of a reputable dealer would play a role in my decision. I don't have much knowledge in the quality department concerning RV's, they all look good to me. Price wise I will probably end up with a Thor, Fleetwood or Forest River. Hopefully after attending the RV show in Hershey next month I will know. I am leaning towards a small Class A but but since this will be my first RV I may end of with a Class C. If you don't mind I will mssg you next month after we have made our decision.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Z
That is another dilema, I keep going back and forth with different models. I was hoping the knowledge of a reputable dealer would play a role in my decision. I don't have much knowledge in the quality department concerning RV's, they all look good to me. Price wise I will probably end up with a Thor, Fleetwood or Forest River. Hopefully after attending the RV show in Hershey next month I will know. I am leaning towards a small Class A but but since this will be my first RV I may end of with a Class C. If you don't mind I will mssg you next month after we have made our decision.

Hershey is a great RV show!! Be prepared, as there will be a lot to see and much information to absorb. Take your time in making a decision.

Mike
2012 Jeep Liberty Limited
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Look at them all. Look at floor plans, chat to others here on the message board.

Are you looking for new ? Used ? Budget amount ? How many people are you traveling with? Do you plan on towing a car?

Personally I would get a class A, many of the class C's do not have the cargo carrying capacity as a class A. Most of the time people tent to outgrow the C and move up to a A.

Message me if you like. We will be at the Hershey show on Thursday when it opens.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #10

Depending on your limits of eastern PA, I'll recommend Tom Schaeffer's RV on Pa. 61 between Hamburg (Cabella's) and Shoemakersville. I've been dealing with them for over 10 years for service on a travel trailer, 5th wheel and a newly purchased Winnebago. Depending on your route to Hershey, you can stop by their location or visit them at the show.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #11

One Thor dealer you DO NOT want to do business with is Stoltzfus RV.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
One Thor dealer you DO NOT want to do business with is Stoltzfus RV.
Personally I would run from any Thor product.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Judge View Post
Depending on your limits of eastern PA, I'll recommend Tom Schaeffer's RV on Pa. 61 between Hamburg (Cabella's) and Shoemakersville. I've been dealing with them for over 10 years for service on a travel trailer, 5th wheel and a newly purchased Winnebago. Depending on your route to Hershey, you can stop by their location or visit them at the show.
I've had nothing but problems with Schaeffer's, especially the service department.

2014 Allegro 36LA
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:09 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Reading through these comments, it doesn't seem like there is single dealer in our area that did not get a negative comment. I am buying used Monaco Dip from Stoltzfus. Taking delivery next week. Sales experience has been pleasant so far. Hopefully service visits will be ok too.

Tags
dealer