Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2014, 01:07 PM   #43
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfonte649 View Post
I have 99 35ft suncruiser with a norcold n821 frig. I removed the pc board to have it tested. Does anyone have a snapshot of how to reconnect the wires. Would require removing the cover off the pc board. Thanks
I am not experienced with your particular Norcold model but on our previous 1201 Norcold the connectors on the PCB were labeled. Hope this helps some.

KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2014, 04:46 PM   #44

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by akeyzoo View Post
My guess, and I want confirmation, is that I connect the Samsung to the inverter outlet. That the inverter itself provides Shore power when avail, and inverted 110V when the inverter is on. Is this correct?

I have a square wave inverter, thus the choice for Samsung.
Two part answer.

One your guess is correct.. Normally the inverter outlet is for the ice maker.

Two, I would still consider an upgrade of the inverter.. As I keep telling folks there is a long list of things that may or may not play nice with MSW inverters.. INCLUDING all audio/video/Radio equipment (TV, Radio, Home Theater, CD/DVD/Blue ray player, Sat Receiver, et-al) Electric blankets, clocks and timers, Microwaves, LED night lights, and more much much more.

The list for my Prosine 2.0 True sine (Not this would apply to a 2kw MSW inverter as well)

Anything needing more than 2,000 watts.

The difference is with the TSW inverter, that is the entire list.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:10 AM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
The "real" reason for having two duplexes at the rear of the Norcold in some coaches is for functionality. One duplex is driven by the Inverter and the other duplex is not.

The fridge is plugged into the Non-Inverter duplex so the Norcold can detect when you sever shore or generator power. It will then automatically switch over to LPG if you have selected that mode of operation. The Ice Maker is plugged into the Inverter driven duplex so it can make ice regardless of whether you have shore power, generator power or Inverter power.

The Samsung fridge is an excellent choice provided that it fits which it sounds like it will easily. They are the ONLY manufacturer that has stated that their fridge will DEFINITELY wok on a MSW Inverter. They are the only company that will warranty the fridge installed in a RV.

Regarding power usage, I have measured the average amount of KW's needed to keep the Samsung running each month. I used a Kill-O-Watt to do my measurements. You can figure on average that the Samsung RF197 will use between 1.81 - 1.83 KwH's per day.

Good luck with your install. The only regret you will have is not doing it earlier.

Oh, BTW, plug the fridge into the INVERTER duplex. The other duplex will not be needed.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Is 1.8 KwH the same as 1.8 ampere hours?
Stan&Jacquie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:06 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan&Jacquie View Post

Stan,

The short answer is no.

However I will leave the correct answer to someone that is more knowledgeable and fluent in converting KwH's to AH's.

I do know that your inverter sucks up additional energy just by mere fact that it is running let alone the power that it puts out for running the fridge.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 06-26-2014, 08:13 PM   #47

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
Stan,

The short answer is no.

However I will leave the correct answer to someone that is more knowledgeable and fluent in converting KwH's to AH's.

I do know that your inverter sucks up additional energy just by mere fact that it is running let alone the power that it puts out for running the fridge.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
An ampere-hour is a relatively meaningless unit because all it specifies is the flow of one amp of current for one hour. At 12V that would be 12 watt hours but at 120V that would be 120 watt hours (or 0.12kW-hr). People who work a lot with 12V battery systems often use amp-hours as equivalent to a measure of electrical energy because they're always working with 12V systems, but unless you know that, the term amp-hour doesn't mean much by itself.

OTOH a kW-hr is a measure of electrical energy so 1.8 kW-hr = 1,800 Watt-hrs is the amount of energy used by a device that draws 15A on a 120V circuit, something like a microwave oven.

A kW-hr of energy is simply the amount of energy used by a device that draws 1,000 watts operating for one hour. It could be ten 100W light bulbs or anything equivalent.
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:26 PM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
My Norcold 1200 is plugged into two 120v outlets. One is the refrigerator and the other the ice maker.
one supplies ice maker through inverter so you can make ice on inverter when on GAS

Tags
fridge, inverter, wiring