Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2014, 09:05 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Residential fridge problem

We have a 40' m/h. Was in shop for 2 weeks having 500 watts of solar installed,6 new house batteries,water fill system for batteries,etc.
The problem is the frig a samsung residential will only cool some then shut down. We are hooked up at house(while loading 1 week) with a heavy duty 100' r/v cord 20 amp.We do not run a/c only few lights thinking this would keep frig cold,not working. Call samsung and they said the problem could be the surg protector .p o said he never had that problem. We have a 2000 watt maguam ,auto transfer switch,EMS,
I just went out and did a reset on frig,it is running for now. WHAT am i doing wrong,we will be traveling using some solar,some camp grounds(50 amp) using the gene some.Does the EMS switch things over?Do i need to do something with inverter? Inverter on while driving? I have read the manual,but the coach came with a norco does not explain using this type of frig. Read the manual on maguam. Not much to some one like me.

We will be leaving July 1st for Bath Maine then down the east coast(full time) we are going to the rally at Myrtle beach hope to see some of you there. I sometimes feel we have made a mistake going full time ,but we are at a point of no return. I spend as much time reading as much as i can on this forum (just want to say you people are GREAT would not know what we would do with out your help. Any advice would be helpful.I am just about at the end of my rope. d/w i try and not worry her do not talk about the problems much ,but she does see the bank statements!!!!!! HELP

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2014, 05:33 PM   #2
paz

What gauge is the 100' cord? It's possible even with a small current draw that the cord is too light and is causing too much voltage drop. The surge protector is kicking off because of the low voltage. When the fridge stops cooling, does the rest of the coach still have power? The surge protector should give you any fault code even if the voltage has returned to normal levels and surge protector has turned back on.

The inverter should have a bypass to put through shore power when the coach is plugged in, so the inverter should not be an issue. Besides, our Samsung RF197 runs fine on a 1000W inverter.

Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:01 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I think i found what the problem is, not the gauge of cord,but when plug in it is only picking up 1 leg of the 110 volt.I turned on the generator to day and did a reset on the frig and it seamed to work fine.So i took the m/h to the farm today (were we have a 50 amp service) and will check on it in A M.Do you have any problem when traveling and go from driving to shore power.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:42 AM   #4
paz

We have no problem switching from inverter power when traveling to shore power. The inverter switches automatically from battery power to shore power when I plug in.
Check out our blog: Living Our Dream
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:51 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
We are plugged in shore power now and the frig will cool some then shuts down . We have called a repairman,he is coming out to day.I am sure it will not be cheep, as long as we have a frig by July 1 st when we leave.
Thanks everyone for your help.

Tags
fridge