Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2010, 01:43 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Restless

I have a question for all my coach friends. Do you find it hard to reconcile your desire to be "out there" with the fact you still have responsibilties, that require you to stick to your stick house?

Does it make you restless? Maybe you have always been restless. Could that be why you bought a coach in the first place?

Read this and see if you feel the same way.

My latest blog entry.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gramps- View Post
Does it make you restless? Maybe you have always been restless. Could that be why you bought a coach in the first place?
Derrick, I think that this time of the year leaves us all with a restless feeling just due to the yuck factor outside. As soon as it warms up a bit and travel can be more spontaneous, that perception may diminish.

Looking forward to Hatteras!
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:20 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Man, am I restless! Last week, I was scheduled to go to Red Bay, Al for a long-awaited appointment to have some minor stuff done on my Allegro. Well, the nasty weather was coming in and I really struggled over if I should go or not. I decided not to go and lost my appointment. That was a good decision. We got 4 or 5 inches of snow with about an inch of ice on top of it. The roads between NW Alabama and here up on the Cumberland Plateau of Tennessee have been horrible. Where we live, the local streets are just now becoming passable and they are going to freeze tonight. This has just made me even more restless to get the rig on the road.

We didn't go to Daytona for speedweeks this year and I'm glad Bristol coming up in March and we'll spend a week camping there.....can hardly wait.

Bob
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:41 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I too had responsabilities which forced me to wait until I was 69 to retire. But how sweet it is when the day came (scarey as it was) that I could Quit. My parents were gone, my children were on their own, and I had the whole country to see. Six years and 80,000 miles later it's still great. Rarely make reservations, rarely use the interstate. Still have our house as home base which we love. We are gone about 5 months a year. So you see, there is allways plenty to look forward to. Keep looking out the window at your Motorhome, With luck and planning your dreams might just come true. Good Luck !!
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #5

That a nice story. But i am 45 and I can stand the thought of waiting 20 more years to retire. sounds like this fricken president will help with that. This bad weather make me restless too. I was just thinking about make plan for hilton head,sc in march. They can get 80 degree weather on the beach. We had a nice 3 week bus tour of the holidays. we went snow skiing. I was the only one crazy enough to drive an rv up a snow covered mountain, then went to the towed my boat down to the fla keys for a week of fishing. Bahia honda st park is a nice place to plan a trip.
Eagle123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:16 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm there. I am restless by nature and I agree that that may have factored into getting a motorhome. We rarely stay in the same spot more than 3 - 4 days, then move on to another place. We don't like to travel or any schedule other than our own. That may change when I can retire in about 5 years. I am often poking around in Microsoft Streets & Trips planning future trips. The closer I get to retirement age, the worse it seems to get.

Driver is right too that this time of year just makes it worse. We've been spoiled with fairly mild winters here in the SE for the past few years. We're getting hammered this year. 20" of snow in December, 12 inches last week and maybe another big snow storm coming this weekend. In between those snow events, it has rained most of the time. I know folks living in the north and midwest have little sympathy for us, but we aren't used to snow every couple of weeks .

Sooooo.....we're ready to go somewhere .
Old 02-03-2010, 04:36 AM   #7

I like to keep in mind that "Yesterday is history, Today is all there is, Tomorrow may never come". So I go when I feel the urge.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote