Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2014, 12:58 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Those work great for hoses that don't have large ends or fittings on them.

Too small of a diameter pipe to handle the newer type hoses with the large fittings.

Dr4Film ----- Richard

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2014, 03:39 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Agree.. and my RhinoFLEX hose won't scrunch up that short either--I get it down to about 7' when compressed as much as it will go. Guess that's due to the thicker material.

I'm going to go with the 5" Vinyl Fence Posts, but I'll have to order them from homedepot.com, as my local HD shops don't carry them. Thanks to everyone for chiming in here. :-)

Old 03-30-2014, 03:09 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I finally got around to making my sewer hose storage solution. I wanted to mount these under the RV but my DP just doesn't have the clearance. Still, I found a space next to my full-width slide-outs that works great too. The only difference is that my "tubes" have no drainage holes for obvious reasons so I chose not to bolt them in so that I can darn residual water out as needed.

These are 5" vinyl post covers, ordered from Home Depot online (they don't stock them near me.). I also used vinyl rain gutters to make the pull-out shelf, with red bungie "handles" to pull out the drawer. The gutters double as hose support if needed, requiring graded supports from underneath.

My Rhino hose fits easily inside these, including the 90• semi-clear fitting, but not the screw-in fitting that goes into the septic receiver. I also use one of those white plastic supports for under the hose, and it too fits in.

I built two of these--one for the main rhino system and the other for two extensions that I carry for when the sewer is too far away from my coach.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2307477502.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	488.7 KB
ID:	59497   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2332670301.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	337.4 KB
ID:	59498  

Old 03-31-2014, 01:15 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statgeek View Post
Agree.. and my RhinoFLEX hose won't scrunch up that short either--I get it down to about 7' when compressed as much as it will go. Guess that's due to the thicker material.)
Wow, 7 ft? How long is it fully extended? I carry two Rhinos, each ten feet long and fully compressed each is about 3 feet.
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:58 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
JFXG-
My main Rhino hose is the black one (not brown) and so it does not compress nearly as much as the brown one does. It's more flexible--you can step on it and it will spring back to shape--but it doesn't compress as much. I don't know it's full length (had to cut off a foot due to a leak) but I'd guess it to be about 12' or so?
Old 03-31-2014, 06:57 PM   #20

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Generally the 4" will not hold the fittings, a six inch PVC pipe will, Or I think I have either a 5 or 7 inch fence post (will measure tomorrow when I work on it a bit,,, too tired tonight, Just "Dropped" new batteries in this house, alas, Dropped one of the old ones...... On me (OUCH) minor scrape but blead nicely, Should have worn my RED SHIRT).

I like the fence post. Holds my new Tetford Smart hose including the MH end of it. the hole in the ground end I need to take off but it's a cam-lock so it's easy off-easy on. No screwing around with it.