Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2016, 10:25 AM   #1

Question Ride Problems

Hi everyone this is my first post,in early 2015 we purchased a 2007 HR Neptune live in Ontario Canada wife and I went trom ont to key west in November everything work very good overall ,engine (cummins)trans(Allison) my biggest complaint is the ride -absolutely terrible it is a road master chassis RR4R with source engineering trailing arm upgrade tires are new within last 2-3 years BF Goodrich on front and Hercules on rear (255/70r 22.5) have tried adjusting air pressure helped a little. I wouldn't mind spending some $ to try to improve my question is where to start shocks,tires air bags just wondering or looking for opinions on where to start besides trading it in thanks greg

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2016, 10:32 AM   #2

Welcome to iRV2.

Do you have your corner weights; loaded for travel ; and tire inflation charts from both manufacturers.

Old 02-28-2016, 10:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregbob View Post
Hi everyone this is my first post,in early 2015 we purchased a 2007 HR Neptune live in Ontario Canada wife and I went trom ont to key west in November everything work very good overall ,engine (cummins)trans(Allison) my biggest complaint is the ride -absolutely terrible it is a road master chassis RR4R with source engineering trailing arm upgrade tires are new within last 2-3 years BF Goodrich on front and Hercules on rear (255/70r 22.5) have tried adjusting air pressure helped a little. I wouldn't mind spending some $ to try to improve my question is where to start shocks,tires air bags just wondering or looking for opinions on where to start besides trading it in thanks greg

I have the 2007 Cayman same coach same problem. Checkout the Monaco site on this forum it will give you the answer to I,prove your ride. Minor porpoised really bad. I got Source Engineering out of Colburg Oregon to install the Ride Enhancement Kit (REK) and now rides great. REK is new air bags, ping tank, bigger air lines (1/4 changed to 5/8) and bigger glisten shockers designed for your rig. You can have parts shipped to Ontario for install. I also upsized my tires to 275-70-22.5 so I could lower psi to soften ride. Good luck
Old 02-28-2016, 04:22 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"Gregbob".....Our friends bought the exact same coach. They also complained of the ride quality, stating the clothing jumped off the hangars in the bedroom closet while driving. They complained to me because I owned a 2005 Monaco Diplomat and did all my own work and suspension upgrades.

They brought their coach over and I added the Koni FSD shocks, adjusted the ride height and took their tires down to the minimum for their coach weight. It was better, but still a harsh riding coach. Unfortunately, there is not much that can be done. The Monaco lines, above your coach, came with the RR8R chassis' with four airbags at each axle and rode much better.

There is a company that advertises on here called Source Engineering (look under Vendors). They make a kit for your coach. It increases the air bag size, changes the shocks out to Bilsteins and adds a ping tank (additional air tank). I believe the kit is around $3000.00. Many say it helps, but it's often difficult to get an honest answer after someone spends that kind of money.

I wouldn't go too crazy adding products......the coach is just a rough riding design. Sorry..
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:14 AM   #5

Thanks don I think you are correct about spending too much,by reading the Monaco forum people seem quite happy with the source eng ride enhancement kit have weigh out costs. Thanks again greg
Old 02-29-2016, 09:19 AM   #6

Hi skip don't have corner weights right now and will get them when I get it out of storage thanks

Tags
ems, problems